OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My 11 Talbots just arrived. I posted a pic on my new soon to be build thread. Check it out. I will be posting more pics tonight once they are in QT.

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started with 7, down to 3 after 3 years. No health issues, just chromis vs chromis eventual deaths.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone kept any barrier reef chromis? they look really cool, but for their price if they just drop like flies that'd be a bummer

Image.aspx

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Be sure to head over to the new 210 build and let me know what you guys think.

Tubbsiewubbsie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with 5 blue green in a 120, by month 9 none come out from the rocks accept feeding time. Month 11 1 died. Other 4 still hanging in there. They all started the same size 1 never grew but its not the 1 who died.

Andy429

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up on chromis. Look at blue eye cardinals. They school beautifully and are very peaceful. I also prefer the look.
0567C309-F1E4-4D6D-872A-247E96971482.jpeg

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone kept any barrier reef chromis? they look really cool, but for their price if they just drop like flies that'd be a bummer

Image.aspx
I tried a group of 10 of them. They were super grouping fish until the grew to about 2" then they turned into murderous, monsters with their own kind. I wasn't a case of picking off the smaller ones they just fought- I went from 10 to 1 in a week or so, my tank was like WW3. The last one was so badly damaged it died of it injuries. How they survive on the reef I have no idea.

Dragon174

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with 4 blue/green and 4 bi-color. The two of the bi-color are bigger than the other six. 1 blue/green went missing only a few weeks in. The rest are still doing well, but the two big bi-color run everything and chase each other around all of the time. 4 months in now so interested to see how they do long term.

Henk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 in a 220 gallon tank. I’ve only had them for 3 months. I got this group from a local guy with a leaking tank who had them for half a year. They spawn in the tank, and add a lot of activity. I quite like them and hope I can keep this group. Not sure if they start killing each other, this usually happens after how much time?

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a horrible success rate with these guys. I have 2-3 in my tnak now that have been there for ever. Everytime I order live aquaria fish, I add chromis on the order to get to free shipping. Usually 4 to 5 at a rip. They all pass in qt. I want 5 to 6 in the tank but never get them that far. One of these days I'm going to qt just chromis. I'll do a large batch and cp them. The couple in my tank are pretty and stick together swimming around.

goliwala

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these green Chromis are the worst fish you can add to your tank. Everytime I've tried, I end up with one in the end. Kida like Highlander thing "There can be only one." On top of that, they eat sooo fast that other fish barely get any food, unless you feed a lot.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love Chromis, but goodness they DO NOT LOVE ME. I can never keep them alive longer than 4-6 months; I don’t know what it is.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't feel bad you are not the only one. I had 1 or 2 go missing and never found the bodies till this day.
That actually does make me feel a bit better. They're so cute and I LOVE schooling fish, but I almost don't even want to mess with them anymore because I feel like I'm throwing money away AND killing fish.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That actually does make me feel a bit better. They're so cute and I LOVE schooling fish, but I almost don't even want to mess with them anymore because I feel like I'm throwing money away AND killing fish.
This is why I went with 11 talbot damsels. I have 2 Kupang damsels and they are very peaceful. Sometimes damsels get a bad rap but so far so good.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have two in our office tanks who have been there for about a year and are never aggressive, which always surprises me. I'm glad to hear yours are behaving!

I have recently just started focusing solely on corals and no longer have fish in my builds-- we will see how long that lasts, LOL!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back