DOS Advance Programming question

jesusq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently dosing Kalk from a 10Gal tank which I drilled a float sensor about 1" from the bottom so that I know when the Kalk is low.

I want to be able to turn off the DOS pump when the Kalk runs out. I tried to switch the configuration from GUI to Advance, but I lose the current settings, and I can't find how to program how much ML and how fast the pump should pump and how many times per day it should dose.

I feel if I'm able to program the DOS pump in advance mode, then I can put a statement such as "IF SW_Kalk open then off" and that would cause the DOS pump to not work if the Kalk runs out. But I don't know all of the other commands to program the pump to work.

Any tutorials?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOS has two different programming modes:

1. The Graphical Scheduler -- This is the most common way to use the DOS. You simply tell it what volume to dose over a period of time, and it calculates it all for you. This is the most efficient way to do it. In this mode, you can still override the DOS like you requested with your float switch by placing your commands into the Advanced tab. You access the Advanced tab by clicking the gear icon on the DOS Scheduler screen, then click Advanced. Any commands placed here will override the normal schedule when those commands evaluate True:
Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 7.59.58 PM.png

-- or --

2. Set the DOS output Control Type to "Advanced", then manually enter commands to control the dosing. This can be used in conjunction with Dose Profiles to control the DOS pump speed, direction, and volume of liquid. This method is much more cumbersome and should be avoided unless you have very specific needs.

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.21.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 8.03.48 PM.png

For more Apex tips and example programming, be sure to check out my whole series of Apex tutorials:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jesusq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks SunCrestreef,

So if I understand you correct, I can use both the GUI and the Advance mode at the same time? If there is an overide then the Advance will take priority?

So I can just write a simple command "If SW = Open then off" and also program my dose speed and amount in the GUI?

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 92 51.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back