DOS ATO and water change

  • Thread starter Thread starter tb582
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tb582

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2023
Messages
217
Reaction score
56
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mixing station is in my basement with the tank in the room above it - I’m wondering if I get the Apex DOS if it makes more sense with the mixing station since I’m going to use it for water changes etc OR does it go up closer to the tank?
 
It doesn't really matter where you place it - the DOS is more than capable of a very large run (horizontally and vertically). So I guess wherever is most convenient to hook up to your Apex.
 
I’m leaning toward the basement, just for the noise factor
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new