dosing amount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jvb89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to do some planning... What is everyone's daily dosing amount on their heavily stocked SPS tanks? Tank size as well please.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so difficult to answer as there are just too many variables to consider.
dosing is just about following the requirements, you test and react.
if you have absolutely no idea what to expect then I'll just say this, to dose 100ml+ of each element/per day held my standard 120g with a medium coral load of sps. there are many that dose considerably more.

OP
OP
jvb89

jvb89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so difficult to answer as there are just too many variables to consider.
dosing is just about following the requirements, you test and react.
if you have absolutely no idea what to expect then I'll just say this, to dose 100ml+ of each element/per day held my standard 120g with a medium coral load of sps. there are many that dose considerably more.
Your using the higher concentration core7?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a very unanswerable question.
Your system is yours alone, It will never be like another, so no mater the data you collect with your question, will pretty much not be of real use.

I do not have a heavily stocked tank and no SPS, so my info is even more irrelevant to you. BUT

I do not dose equal parts of my Core7 products. I know that is not the recommendation by Triton. However that may be my parameters on the big three are rock solid.
The trace elements well who knows.

My Part 1 is Mag, and I dose at 34ml daily to maintain 1350
My Part 2 is Ca, and I dose at 22Ml a day to maintain Ca at 480
My 3,A & B is ALK, I am at 60ml a day to maintain a 9.5 Dkh

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree with above. I dose 200 ml of BRS 2 part Alk and 210 ml of Calk daily in my 125 through my autodoser. I dose Mag manually as needed. Dosage amounts will vary drastically from tank to tank even if they appear to be similarly stocked.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing amounts vary depending on tank volume and coral demand.

If you are transitioning from one product to another, it’s smart to have a good understanding of both products. Knowing the dKH/Liter of both products and your current demand is important.

For example:

I work in a hospital. If somebody comes out of the OR and they are being managed on a particular dose of pain medication because they just had a leg amputated we do not guess as to which amount to dose when the patient transfers from the OR over to the ICU. We know the dose of the drug being administered and how many mL’s per hour and if we need to make a change to another drug because the patients blood pressure is dropping we do not guess the potency of that drug. We know the potency and will compare it with the other drug so that the starting dose is appropriate for the patients pain level.

1000 dKH/L is very different from 10,000 dKH/L. Don’t reef blind. :)

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your using the higher concentration core7?
not anymore.
when triton was going through the period it was unavailable I was forced to switch and since have been using a standard balling method.

Back