Dosing plan for new build

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I am deep into my 50 gal cube build and have throughly planned out every aspect but I am stuck on this one. I'm trying to come up with an idea or plan on what I want or need to dose. I know eventually calcium, mag, and alk will most likely need to be dosed but what I really interested in is what other people dose beside the normal stuff. More specifically coral food and or vitamins/nutrition. I will have a mainly softy / lps tank leaning heavily more to lps. Water changes will be done every week and there will be an algae reactor on the system. I'm going for a fairly low nutrient system. I will be purchasing a dosing setup although I'm not sure which one yet. So tell me what does everyone dose in terms of coral food or vitamins etc ?

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use multiple Jeabo dosing pumps since they are cheap but work. They come with 4 heads!!!!; plus a spare for like 60$. I have 4 divided between two tanks. Since you do waterchanges you probably will not have to dose trace elements. Dosing alk,calc and mag will be a must. If you plan on doing an ULNS they dose amino acid or if you don't do ULNS still dose amino acids. Acropower has been a reputable brand and has been reviewed many times. I believe I might have a thread on it with some info that might be useful. Other than those 4 you should be good to go. To start out :)

RobertP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really wanted to get the Apex doser but its $300 and only 2 heads. Got the Jaebo instead and it was $80 with 4 heads. Super simple to use and replacement motors are very cheap. Only dosing Ca and Alk but plan to dose Mg as well and still have an extra head!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back