Dosing Tubing Issues

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I setup the BM-T11 to dose Alk, Calc, and NOPOX a few months ago. Hoping to dose trace elements etc. by adding a BM-T12 Slave in the future, but I need to resolve this issue before I dedicate more money to dosing. I have to re-prime the lines every 2-3 days due to air getting in. I added small zip-ties, and that may have helped a little bit, but the issue is still present. I remember having this issue with a cheap Jabao doser I tried years ago, but I just chalked it up to quality at that time. I did take the pump heads out and pulled the lines on the tubing a bit (as I saw in some video on YT), but it didn't seem to help. I'm using silicone tubing for the NOPOX, and regular air line tubing for the Alk and Calc. Both are effected. Any advice? Photo links are below.

BM-T11 Dosing Pump

Air in right-most line

Containers

Container tubing close up

Overall setup

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I setup the BM-T11 to dose Alk, Calc, and NOPOX a few months ago. Hoping to dose trace elements etc. by adding a BM-T12 Slave in the future, but I need to resolve this issue before I dedicate more money to dosing. I have to re-prime the lines every 2-3 days due to air getting in. I added small zip-ties, and that may have helped a little bit, but the issue is still present. I remember having this issue with a cheap Jabao doser I tried years ago, but I just chalked it up to quality at that time. I did take the pump heads out and pulled the lines on the tubing a bit (as I saw in some video on YT), but it didn't seem to help. I'm using silicone tubing for the NOPOX, and regular air line tubing for the Alk and Calc. Both are effected. Any advice? Photo links are below.

BM-T11 Dosing Pump

Air in right-most line

Containers

Container tubing close up

[Overall setup](https://i.imgur.com/NjobBBu.jpg)
I believe that you are not using the correct type/diameter of tubing - for the blue connections on the pump. I no longer have this dose - but I remember that to get it to work correctly, the tubing barely was able to be pushed onto the blue piece. If it was 'loose' at all it would not work. I do not believe that the tubing you're using came with the doser? (unless its a new model?)

OP
OP
P

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that you are not using the correct type/diameter of tubing - for the blue connections on the pump. I no longer have this dose - but I remember that to get it to work correctly, the tubing barely was able to be pushed onto the blue piece. If it was 'loose' at all it would not work. I do not believe that the tubing you're using came with the doser? (unless its a new model?)
I think you're right. There is orange tubing that came with the BM-T11, but not enough, so I decided to use typical air line tubing on the alk and calc, and silicone tubing on the NOPOX line. There's enough of the orange tubing for at least 1 of the solutions, so I could try switching one out, but then the issue becomes that the orange tubing is solid, so I won't really know if air is getting in. That might actually be worse. I do see this online, which is clear according to the photo, but despite the name, it looks like typical air line. Guess I just have to get it and see.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you're right. There is orange tubing that came with the BM-T11, but not enough, so I decided to use typical air line tubing on the alk and calc, and silicone tubing on the NOPOX line. There's enough of the orange tubing for at least 1 of the solutions, so I could try switching one out, but then the issue becomes that the orange tubing is solid, so I won't really know if air is getting in. That might actually be worse. I do see this online, which is clear according to the photo, but despite the name, it looks like typical air line. Guess I just have to get it and see.
I might take the little blue piece off - and bring it to a home depot or somewhere and ask for an inert piece that fits very snugly. (Or check the link below) The only way air can get in is through 1) a hole in the tubing 2) a leak in the seal of the tubing and 3)if the tube end is intermittently in the air instead of the solution(not sure why that would happen).

Try this:

OP
OP
P

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might take the little blue piece off - and bring it to a home depot or somewhere and ask for an inert piece that fits very snugly. (Or check the link below) The only way air can get in is through 1) a hole in the tubing 2) a leak in the seal of the tubing and 3)if the tube end is intermittently in the air instead of the solution(not sure why that would happen).

Try this:
Thanks. Yeah I just ordered this. Same thing you linked, but from a different site. It's clear, which is great, but there's no specs on it. It looks like typical air line tubing, but I'm hoping it's not, and the diameter is much smaller. Fingers' crossed. There definitely are not any holes in the tubing I'm using, and the dosing containers have not run dry.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks. Yeah I just ordered this. Same thing you linked, but from a different site. It's clear, which is great, but there's no specs on it. It looks like typical air line tubing, but I'm hoping it's not, and the diameter is much smaller. Fingers' crossed. There definitely are not any holes in the tubing I'm using, and the dosing containers have not run dry.
I believe that this is the proper diameter for bubble magus. If it is what I had to order (and I believe it was) - the tubing will fit VERY snugly. with no need for zip ties

OP
OP
P

PopBot16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that this is the proper diameter for bubble magus. If it is what I had to order (and I believe it was) - the tubing will fit VERY snugly. with no need for zip ties
Sweet! It's supposed to be here by the weekend I think =) This has been holding me back for a while so I'm really hoping.

Back