Dr. Tim's or MicroBacter 7?

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both work. Get what's cheaper and easier to access for you.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, after doing both these and ZEObac too, I would just spend my money on good live rock with a bunch of hitchhikers and bacteria that they cannot bottle.

daybreaksky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got microbacter7 which had great reviews and after a week it didn't do anything. Got biospira and it cycled in 4 days. Must have got a bad batch. Also you don't need the recommended ammount , you can get the smallest one UNLESS you are adding fish with it without cycling. That's what the rating is for

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got microbacter7 which had great reviews and after a week it didn't do anything. Got biospira and it cycled in 4 days. Must have got a bad batch. Also you don't need the recommended ammount , you can get the smallest one UNLESS you are adding fish with it without cycling. That's what the rating is for

I had similar results with microbacter 7 so just went back to using biospira for cycling. I do add microbactor from time to time just to boost bacterial population though. Now I believe brightwell just came out with a quick cycle version of it but I haven’t tried it yet. Apparently it can live through being frozen one time which is nice now that it’s entering the winter.

Fritz turbo start 900 is suppose to be really good but Is pricy. Someone did a test here on R2R awhile ago for what cycled the quickest and fritz turbo start 900 was the best with bio spira not far behind.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have interpreted this wrong. If you are looking for a bottled bac for cycling a tank Fritz 900 and biospira worked for me.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used dr. Tim’s one and only and live rock. Cycled my parents tank for bio-spira and live rock. My cycle went smoother. I guess Every set up is different. But I would do one of those 2 and only use microbacter7 like I would seachem stability. For population boost.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand - microbacter 7 is a combined bacteria product - with both heterotrophic breakdown bacteria and autotrophic nitrification bacteria. IMO - it is not a product that should be used in a start up of the nitrification cycle. In a start up of the nitrification cycle from scratch - only pure nitrification bacteria products should be used IMO.

Sincerely Lasse

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
microbacter xlm or Tims
Bacter7 good for supplemental additions

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.0%
Back