Dr Trey's Elos MIDI

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, everyone. This thread is dedicated to my new Elos MIDI 36 gallon nano with 4X AquaTop E-Stripe CREE-XP LED lighting. Included is the Elos sump, NS 100 skimmer, Digital OsmoController, and Sicce 568gph return pump. This new acquisition is quite a step up from my BioCube 14, and it seems like it's going to be significantly more complicated to get up and running properly. I suppose there's no better time than now to get started though. If anyone has any experience with Elos or this sort of set up in general, then please feel free to offer up any pointers or advice.

Here are a few pics, fresh out of the box....

6433c089.jpg

6853bdb1.jpg

Added a mixture of Fiji pink, Oolitic, and reef grade sand/substrate, and did just a bit of preliminary aquascaping. The coralline encrusted live rock was drilled and mounted on a larger flat base rock using 3/4 inch PVC pipe.

Here is the first couple of full-tank shots:

2c4fddda.jpg

838b3973.jpg

Just finished "soft cycling" with MicroBacter 7 and Reef BioFuel about 10 days ago. My pH has been running a little in the low side, around 7.9, but the rest of the water parameters have been spot-on.:smile:

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oohhh classsy looking!

Cant wait to see some livestock in this tank,tagging along. . . . . . .

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I just stopped by World Wide Corals this evening and picked up another little bit of Tonga branch live rock to nicely balance out the rockwork. In addition I picked up a great Wolverine chalice, gorgeous Tony's Fuzzy Watermelon, and beautiful Brian's grafted Lepastrea over there last weekend. Pics to follow very soon...

In the meantime, here is a pic of the newest paly, the fabulous Tyree Space Monster

45754fd7.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been lookin for those monsters great addition to anyone's collection great lookin tank also

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome so far! Do you have any pics after the additions?

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the light really look that white in person? Great looking tank by the way.

My light is indeed currently suffering from a marked lack of sweet blueness, secondary to some sort of snafu at the Elos USA warehouse in Cali. Regardless, I'm still waiting on TWO abyss blue e-stripes to show up and complete my AquaTop lighting complement. Should be around 10-14 days at this point, but the waiting is the hardest part.

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome so far! Do you have any pics after the additions?

Not just yet, but I'm working on it. My MP-10 has stirred up a turbid mess from my sand-bed, and I'm having a surprisingly difficult time getting the murky funk to clear up.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 59 29.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 42 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 23 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 33.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back