Euphyllia eating flatworm

Knotyet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had flatworms on one of my torches for about 2 months. Everytime I take it out and dip coral rx at least 6 to 8 come off of it and I see maybe one or 2 on my frogspawn. I just got flatworm exit but I've read that it doesnt kill these guys? Any advice? I dont think they are extremely bad yet but when I dip the torch it takes about a month then I start seeing them on it again. I have 2 other torches that they dont bother ‍♂

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had flatworms on one of my torches for about 2 months. Everytime I take it out and dip coral rx at least 6 to 8 come off of it and I see maybe one or 2 on my frogspawn. I just got flatworm exit but I've read that it doesnt kill these guys? Any advice? I dont think they are extremely bad yet but when I dip the torch it takes about a month then I start seeing them on it again. I have 2 other torches that they dont bother ‍♂
Keep dipping the best would to be qt all of your euphyllia. If you can't I would add a predator.

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you also don't report how often you taking them out to DIP them.
The best way like I know is to DIP them per 5-6 days for about month and half, that way you will go rid of the adult, next time from some of the newly hatched, and so on. Also once taken from the spot I'll move them to the other end of the tank, and will keeping that moving until I get rid of them forever (over the time the worms which aren't on the corals during the DIP and are on your LR can't feed on them and if don't find any other euphyllia coral near them (hope you don't have any closer), they will die), the rest from the DIPing routine.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you also don't report how often you taking them out to DIP them.
The best way like I know is to DIP them per 5-6 days for about month and half, that way you will go rid of the adult, next time from some of the newly hatched, and so on. Also once taken from the spot I'll move them to the other end of the tank, and will keeping that moving until I get rid of them forever (over the time the worms which aren't on the corals during the DIP and are on your LR can't feed on them and if don't find any other euphyllia coral near them (hope you don't have any closer), they will die), the rest from the DIPing routine.
Not all the adults will be on the coral some will leave and wonder. This is why. A predator should be added if possible.

OP
OP
Knotyet

Knotyet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont take it out as often as I should to dip. I have a melanarus wrasse and cleaner wrasse. So I shouldn't try the flatworm exit?

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all the adults will be on the coral some will leave and wonder. This is why. A predator should be added if possible.
That's correct, because of that I say to move them (the corals) from one of the end to the other. Of course I don't know how long is his tank, but if it's few feets 3-5 will help about cleaning them faster.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont take it out as often as I should to dip. I have a melanarus wrasse and cleaner wrasse. So I shouldn't try the flatworm exit?
DIP per few days like I say, moving between the ends of the tank, and the wrasses I hope to take care for the rest of the worms.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'll try that length is 48in
4ft will help enough, they can't find them that fast and will starve to death if the wrasses don't find them 1st.

The torch also has eggs that are impossible to scrape off

DIP per 5-6 dais. you have to kill the newhatched worms

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
repeat dips. Also try adding a 6 line wrasse or lunare wrasse who should eat them. What may be happening is youre getting them but not the eggs and the reappearance are hatchlings

OP
OP
Knotyet

Knotyet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I'm worried about is moving the coral to the other side of the tank where my other torches are and them getting them as well

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you have another euphyllia I don't know that, but then is best all to get DIP, because they are still in danger. ( I hope they aren't permanently bonded to your LR). If you can't DIP the rest then not sure how much only the DIP will help in your situation, but probably for a while longer like 7-8 weeks you will get rid of them at all the job from the wrasses (if they go after them, which you don't mention do they)
Have on mind, the water flow can bring to the rest newly hatched worms and all to be infected. then you will have to permanently DIP often.... (I hope you understand what I mean)

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't try to scrape them off you won't be able to
can be done, but you need good magnifier, metal tool which you can use properly and the main is hand like brain surgery Doctor / NEUROSURGEON

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can be done, but you need good magnifier, metal tool which you can use properly and the main is hand like brain surgery Doctor / NEUROSURGEON
You make it sound so easy.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back