Evicting Fish...New Fish Suggestions Needed

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some real nice corals this week and within 10 mins of the corals being in the tank, my lemon peel angel destroyed one of the chalices. Then, my starry blenny decided to play toss the frags on the frag rack around. I was kinda impressed that he was able to move them and put them in different slots on the frag rack. Anyway, these two fish are going bye bye. I have found someone in my local club to take them. Now, this leaves me with a problem. I will only have 3 fish in my 55 reef. I wanted to hear some suggestions on what might look good in my tank. The fish must be reef safe. Also, I am upgrading in June to a MUCH larger tank, so I am considering a small tang.

Tank Fish Inhabitants:
2 Occellaris Clowns
1 Bicolor Pseudo (he is going to be evicted when I find him a home)

Thanks for the help! :bigsmile:

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pair of bangaii cardinals, royal gramma, chromis, reef safe wrasse other than six line...

I love my starry blenny. I have no luck with angels.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I know you are experienced with training to frozen foods, one suggestion I have would be a pair of bluestripe pipefish, I think they make great reef fish and so fun to watch swim.

My wife really likes the yasha goby but they do hide a lot. Super peaceful tho and gorgeous fish.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would skip any tang until the new tank is up and running.

Love dwarf angels (( currently have 6 )) but there are 2 that I will never keep again, and one is the lemonpeel -- the other is the bi-color.

A harem of fairy or flasher wrasses would be different -- just make sure the top is safe.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have a covered aquarium?

OP
OP
SeahorseKeeper

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, I do not have a top on the tank but I am going to be making one.

MIKE NY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wish to keep an Angel I recommend any from the Genicanthus family(only if your upgrading soon because many grow to about 9") any of the dwarfs are hit or miss on nipping corals. I don't recommend pipefish for a mixed reef because they can be difficult to feed competing for food with other fish. I also don't recommend a sixline because they will get aggressive with other tankmates especially new arrivals and keeping other wrasses or simular colored/ shaped fish is difficult.. Starry blennies not only like to move things, but also are hit or miss with nipping corals.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back