Evolution led lights

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i was talking to the OP, if you would like i can ship you the fixture and you can ship it back thats the best i can do there lol.

Haha sounds good, I can I keep it? I have a 2 bulb T5 fixture with new bulbs you can have. :)

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you dissapointed, is it the color? Is it too blue for your taste? Would you have chosen the 14K if you had the chance? Because all your corals look great.

I have had mine on my tank for almost 6 months with no regrets growth has been amazing my tank stays at a constant 77 degrees. the only issue that i have with them is they are so dang blue. You of course can make the decision rather you want a 14 or 20k version. I am rather disappointed but hey i did get mine on the group buy deal so they did come a few bucks less. oh yeah i got the 120 watt version and am rocking a ton of sps.
2d9d18h.jpg

this was in november all of my stuff has grown into nice sized colonies thsi is just to give you a clue as to how many sps it is supporting

Mr. Tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope mine is that blue! Awesome tank too!

Mike

QUOTE=aalvarado87;597809]I have had mine on my tank for almost 6 months with no regrets growth has been amazing my tank stays at a constant 77 degrees. the only issue that i have with them is they are so dang blue. You of course can make the decision rather you want a 14 or 20k version. I am rather disappointed but hey i did get mine on the group buy deal so they did come a few bucks less. oh yeah i got the 120 watt version and am rocking a ton of sps.
2d9d18h.jpg

this was in november all of my stuff has grown into nice sized colonies thsi is just to give you a clue as to how many sps it is supporting[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
M

mjplumber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the reply's. Doesn't sem like anyone has anything bad to say about these lights other than beeing made in China.
Haven't yet decided which one to go with 14k or 20k.
What type of Par are you seeing with the 20k version ?

aalvarado87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont know if you caught this thread but her are some par readings...

and yes guys the only regrets i have is their controllability and the 20k i def would have went with the 14k in an instant but none the less i love the results i am getting

or19qe.jpg

Murfman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont know if you caught this thread but her are some par readings...

and yes guys the only regrets i have is their controllability and the 20k i def would have went with the 14k in an instant but none the less i love the results i am getting

or19qe.jpg

What is the size of your tank?

OP
OP
M

mjplumber

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have 2 92 corner tanks and I am gonna start up a 120 in wall 4'x2'x2' and take down one of my 92's so I am thinking 2 of the 120 watt or 2 of the 100 watt 3g just not sure which to go with as far as 14k or 20k. I currently have a reef finatics 120w led on one of my 92's but it is not bright enough for the tank and i suppliment it with 2-24"t-5 blue plus bulbs and 2-36" t-5's one purple plus and a geisemen 15k bulb. I am not sure what kelvin my reef finatic led fixture is.

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lets say with most things being equal (par/spectrum/etc) are there any advantages of led over t5 or mh for growing coral? I know they're more efficient and rarely if ever have to replace bulbs.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those seem like some pretty good readings! I think at the price point these things are at, it would cost more to build one yourself.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It certainly seems that these are the best "bang for your buck" LED fixture for sure.

I'm waiting for some more 20k 100w 3g's to come in, and I might just pick one up

MimicOcto8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet picture dude. i've been super curious about LED and SPS. good to see that ppl are growing SPS under LEDs.

MissLed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How loud are the fans on these units? Just curious, hopefully quieter than my PC fixture lol.

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 1G 120watt fans are whisper quiet unless your in a really really quiet room you cannot hear them. The 3G 200 has large 5" fans I am working on making them queiter too but for nopw the 1G is the quietest if noise is any issue :)

C

divewsharks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How loud are the fans on these units? Just curious, hopefully quieter than my PC fixture lol.

Really quiet. odds are every other bit on your tank is louder the evolution fixture. Aside from the hanging of it, not a single complaint.

hbboarder87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just started a new tank 58 gal. dimensions are 36Lx18Wx21H which of these fixtures should i get? i was thinking 200w 2g 20k with 2:1 blue:white ratio. what do you think? too much? too little? the 2g's are 27" long. lmk your thoughts!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back