Evolution led lights

phi delt reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe ReefKoi, ReefFiltration and few other merchants use the same manufacturer out of China - BUT they get to customize the lights to their spec. They get to choose the type and number of LEDS, have some say in the wiring and what types of fans go into the units. The only thing that is the same is the case - ReefKoi and Reeffiltration warranty their own units in house so you wont have to ship to China :) Plus they use higher power and better quality internals (ie. LEDS) than the ones on ebay.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The casing for the imported led's are all basically the same, the inside components are diff. All the factories in China are using these casings which come in black and white. Then they build to your specifications. It makes it easy for them this way, but for us we don't know what has what in it since there are so many of these guys.

lamarine23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone heard from Chris? I've been calling for over a week and no response...

reefkoi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They arrive today, looking out the window waiting for that big brown truck now.
C

brian.srock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris was chilling in Dallas/Ft Worth at the Next Wave conference last week showing off his lights and coral. I was standing there when he reduced all his coral from $20 to $10 each and I had to fight it to not buy any since I'm waiting on the same brown truck you are for my lights. Can't wait!

highpower9979

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweeet im so pumped to close my 90 gal and put all my stuff in the new 58 oceanic with some leds

brian.srock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my lights Chris!

Before

gallery_1271_265_938675.jpg

After

gallery_1271_265_1922240.jpg

I also have a huge upgrade build thread on my local forum here with more pics:
Taking it to the Next Level - Austin Reef Club - Page 2

1G 120w 14K Evolution LED (reefkoi)

brian.srock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone have reefkoi contact phone number??? im trying to get a hold of chris so i can order my lights asap

Just send him an instant message. He's always answered all my answers when I was trying to decide what to buy. What do you plan on getting?

slick6669

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh ok im on that yeah i found his number online so i left him a message, but im trying to figure out what to get for my 46 gallon bowfront, the issue im having is with a dumb 2 inch wide 2.5 inch wide center brace im worried itrs going to shadow way too much and then have some leds be blocked off. so im considering a g2 since its the longest fixture, also im considering an upgrade to roughly a 3x2x2 tank.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would be best for a 125g AGA tank 6'by18"by21"? Mostly sps dominated?

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, all the corals we got from you, in Tacoma, at the PSAS Swap, are doing amazing!! So, we talked to you there, about LEDs for 2 different tanks, but haven't had a chance to discuss it since. We're wanting to replace the 20" 150W Sunpod, over the 24 Aquapod, with LEDs. We need to be able to grow whatever we want, in the Aquapod. We currently have Zoanthids, Acans, Echinos, on the sand bed, SPS, a few LPS and a T. maxima, up higher. Which fixture would you recommend, for this tank?

I'm also thinking about LEDs over a 40 breeder frag tank, predominately SPS. The 40 breeder is still kind of in the planning stages. When the time comes, which fixture would we wanna look at?

reefer54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine last week and all i can say is WOW. good unit(200watt 2g) over a 36 x20 x20 tank. and my ascans are looking better than ever.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back