Feeding live brine shrimps???

  • Thread starter Thread starter lsingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lsingh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
1,100
Reaction score
83
Location
san antonio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was thinking about making my own hatchery but how safe is it to feed live brine shrimps to ur fishes?????
 
I don't know a lot about this, but I believe I have read many places that brine shrimp have no food value. I think people soak them in some vitamins before using them as food. I think some baby fish need the baby brine shrimp as a food source - I'm not sure why, if they have no food value.
 
They're safe just not real nutritious. Newly hatched baby brine is more nutritious cause they still have their yolk sack attached. Brine can make a great food for hard to get feeding fish until they learn to eat frozen. Soaking is vitamins is common, just to add a little nutritional value.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new