OP
OP
Raindog3030

Raindog3030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you decide on the 1.5 ml dosage? I’m reading conflicting advice about the appropriate dosage but generally seems to be .1 per 10 gallons? TIA
I was working off the 1 mL per 10 gallons ratio.

Even though my system is in a 20 gallon container, the actual water volume is only about 14-15 gallons.

Hope that helps!

trustmeimalawyer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I ended up started dosing a couple days ago and went with .1 ml per gallon and slowing upping it. I also reduced my photo period quite a bit. It looks to be working but slowly. I’d say the Dinos have been killed back about 50% but I suspect it may just come back at some point. Crossing my fingers

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You used 3% and at what dosage per gallon?

Edit to say I missed where you answered this already.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raindog3030

Raindog3030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You used 3% and at what dosage per gallon?

Edit to say I missed where you answered this already.

I used a food-grade 3% Hydrogen peroxide solution. Food grade is best because it will have less contaminants than the old "brown bottle" stuff.

My dosage ratio was .1mL per gallon of actual water volume.
Example: 15 gallon system, 1.5mL dose every 12 hours.

Don't worry, I've only mentioned it a few times ;)

SteveO83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a food-grade 3% Hydrogen peroxide solution. Food grade is best because it will have less contaminants than the old "brown bottle" stuff.

My dosage ratio was .1mL per gallon of actual water volume.
Example: 15 gallon system, 1.5mL dose every 12 hours.

Don't worry, I've only mentioned it a few times ;)

Ok. You did it every 12 hours too. Havent seen that mentioned before

OP
OP
Raindog3030

Raindog3030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. You did it every 12 hours too. Havent seen that mentioned before
It is possibly safer to dose even more often than that, I believe H2O2 actually precipitates very quickly (I don't recall the actual time off the top of my head, but I seem to remember it being less than an hour).

And the only creature that seemed to even be slightly (or at least visually) affected by the dose were the zoanthids/zoanthus, which would close almost immediately on dose, but then reopen not long after.

Philip Parke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Raindog3030 Again sorry for bringing up an old thread but do you know the ratio of 3% hydrogen peroxide to water for dosing I'm running a 10 gallon nano with hundreds of dollars in coral had dinos for about 2 weeks now. Been manually removing with a soft brush and skimming it off the surface of the tank after freeing the dino string from what ever it attached to and Turkey basting the rocks it's now started to cover some of my corals. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Philip Parke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Raindog3030 do you happen to know the dosage of 3% hydrogen peroxide for a 10 gallon tank. Had dinos for 2 weeks now been manually removing what I can but its winning the battle and has started to cover some of my corals. Have 100s of dollars in coral and dont want to lose it. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
Raindog3030

Raindog3030

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Raindog3030 do you happen to know the dosage of 3% hydrogen peroxide for a 10 gallon tank. Had dinos for 2 weeks now been manually removing what I can but its winning the battle and has started to cover some of my corals. Have 100s of dollars in coral and dont want to lose it. Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Hey! Sorry, I'm not super active on forums...but yes, using the formula stated in this thread, you should be dosing 1mL of 3% H2O2 every 12 hours.

Evanpolyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update! We just got back in town today after being gone for a week, having left the care of our reef in the hands of my folks (the house/cat/reef keepers). After 3 days of blackout, dosing 1.5mL H2O2 every 12 hours, and resuming a shortened light cycle at 0% color and max 40% intensity on an 8.5 hr schedule with H2O2 dosing once every 24 hours over yhe last 7 days...it appears there is no trace of dino left, huzzah! There is no better feeling than coming home to a happy reef!
20180311_153048.jpg
Hey i know this post is old but i have dinos even tho i have high nitrates but no po4. Would u know why is that? Also can i does H202 without doing a blackout? Also how would it affect the corals and live stock bc i dont want to lose anything in the tank? How would it affect my chaeto? I really need help, these dinos are the worst things ive ever seen and such a pain in the butt. Please help!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back