Finally joined R2R

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I have been addicted to this hobby for longer than I want to admit. I finally decided the time had come to join this community but I will admit it was LONG overdue. My favorite things about reefing are SPS because apparently I love to punish myself, Tangs because I love to punish myself and anything that is a bit less common than what you typically find in home tanks. Lately I have been really drawn to wrasses which is convenient since I happen to be friends with Evolved but my passion has always been tangs. I can ID just about all of them by scientific name because I'm that kind of crazy.

As for the tank, I currently have a custom Red Sea S650. Custom? Yes I got my hands on the tank and then built it how I wanted it including the giant 58 X 22 X 18 sump with built in refugium. SRO SSS Regal 220, Ecotech everything including 3 Gen 3 Radion Pro, 2 MP 40 QD, the first person in AZ to get an M1, Battery backup and reeflink. I also have a Bubble Magus dosing pump. That's about it I suppose so I will get to the good part now and try to figure out how to post a pic since that's what everyone would really want.

IMG_0001.JPG

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard, Xanthurum!

That tank - and its tangs - are awesome!

Thanks for not making us beg for photos.

~Bruce
This isn't my first rodeo, I know that pics make the world go round haha. I wish I had more pics but I had a little mishap with my phone so I lost most of them. Plus the tank has had a few setbacks including the greatest mystery I have ever witnessed in my more than 25 years keeping saltwater. More on that in my build thread that I should probably start.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Beautiful tank, thanks for sharing! I think we are ALL gluttons for punishment in this hobby :D

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the community, I like the scape

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back