OP
Fin

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fin - amazing build! I wish I had your patience. I planned to do a super slow build and ended up drilling, plumbing and getting wet in 3 days, haha (much smaller system though).

keep up the great work!

also did you get the bean animal dialed in?
I am sorry, I forgot to reply to your question about the Bean Animal. I did finally get it to run much quieter. I experimented with the height of the pipes inside of the external box and just left the valve open all the way on the full siphon drain. I then adjusted the flow rate of the two Vectra pumps with their individual controllers. I lowered the full siphon pipe to about 1" from the bottom of the overflow and raised the emergency overflow to about 1/4" from the top of the overflow. I have (or HAD) it adjusted to slightly allow water to trickle over the edge of the secondary drain. That was working pretty well until I had to take everything down. I am starting to put it back together now, so hopefully, I can get water in it again soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through this whole thread. Glad you are all ok. I live in FL so totally know hurricanes can totally upend everything. Looking forward to seeing this tank in its full glory
Thanks. Still plenty to do to get my house and yard back in order, but I am working on this when I can.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through this whole thread. Glad you are all ok. I live in FL so totally know hurricanes can totally upend everything. Looking forward to seeing this tank in its full glory
First off, welcome to Reef2Reef! Thanks for taking the time to read through the whole thread. I'm sorry there wasn't a great looking reef to see by the end of 30 pages.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
;) he's filling atm..shhh ..don't tell no one;):cool: i do hope soon there fin:)

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hoping that thread stops dead in it's tracks..until she "pop's in :)
She popped in a day or so ago ;) ...and now I'm popping in here...how are things going @Fin? Glad they got your debris pile out of there... I took the Harley out today, rode through some places I haven't been since before Sally came through...still literally tons of debris in the surrounding areas that hasn't been touched since it was put on the roadside. Seems they only cleaned up the areas the vacationers and snow birds would see and left the rest :confused:

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you got hammered by the storm but glad you and wife are ok.
Looks like we can put a wager on who will get wet first. I think you may beat me this time.
Should we all start a thread who will get wet first
Well, there were many worse off than we were. I can’t complain. Ended up with a new roof, privacy fence and patio cover. New ceiling and paint in my living room. So we are good.

I was waiting for the living room to get finished before putting everything back together. That is all finished now, so I will be getting back on this tank soon.

My rock is now dry rock and my sand is in a few buckets on my carport, partially filled with water from Hurricane Laura and Delta. I believe I will clean it up and reuse it. How many people have hurricane rinsed sand in their tanks? :)

I am also going to build another equipment cabinet to sit beside the tank. The one I have is going to be too small and would leave no room for future expansion.

I know this build is ridiculously long and most people following it at one time gave up on me long ago. But, if we quit having medical issues and natural disasters, this should be getting wet again soon.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, there were many worse off than we were. I can’t complain. Ended up with a new roof, privacy fence and patio cover. New ceiling and paint in my living room. So we are good.

I was waiting for the living room to get finished before putting everything back together. That is all finished now, so I will be getting back on this tank soon.

My rock is now dry rock and my sand is in a few buckets on my carport, partially filled with water from Hurricane Laura and Delta. I believe I will clean it up and reuse it. How many people have hurricane rinsed sand in their tanks? :)

I am also going to build another equipment cabinet to sit beside the tank. The one I have is going to be too small and would leave no room for future expansion.

I know this build is ridiculously long and most people following it at one time gave up on me long ago. But, if we quit having medical issues and natural disasters, this should be getting wet again soon.
I didn’t give up on you. I just don’t have time to watch threads so my visits are far and few. Looking forward to see you wet again.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not giving up. I to stay drama free long enough to check everyone’s thread :p

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not giving up. I to stay drama free long enough to check everyone’s thread :p
Thanks. I am retired and can't keep up with threads that I like, so I know what you mean. I hope you are feeling better.

I ordered some E-Marco-400 mortar to try my hand at modular aquascaping. Maybe I can have just a few structures that I can remove or reposition without causing an avalanche. I have always just stacked rock. I can do it now that the Pukani rock I had seasoning for years is now dry again. Ridiculous. Yesterday, I went to move my stand that sits behind the tank holding my refugium and ATO reservoir. They were sitting outside on the carport since the teardown after Laura. I guess the blowing rain from Delta got to it and the shelves are now warped too badly to use. Back to the drawing board on that. Not exactly the re-start I wanted. :)

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ll never give up!

Back