First tide pods now...

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know why these young whipper snappers complain when people tell them they don’t know how to do anything ad nauseum! Then they have the stuff to disagree!
Git in your corner yutes! Google sucks! The Dewey decimal system rules!

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Silver14SS I’m not a parent but I think I’d have an idea how to raise a child. I’d raise them like I was raised. I’m of this current generation 34 years old it sickens me to see the lack of motivation in younger guys at work . I’m a steamfitter I’m Forman of The biggest fabrication shop in my local(I’m not rooting my own horn). I see all kinds of work ethics and the worst of them I see is mine and younger generations it’s clear as day it’s undeniable. So I say if they want to raid Area 51 have at it! As far as memes I’m sorry lol.

OP
OP
brad shawn

brad shawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know why these young whipper snappers complain when people tell them they don’t know how to do anything ad nauseum! Then they have the stuff to disagree!
I may have been one of the last generations to learn the Dewey decimal system. That was the beginning of the end! Is it even in library’s anymore?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is kind of funny. I had people in my family like you describe. They would be between 100-130 years old now and I will be 59 this year. I have kids that are 20-35 now. I have had a close look at them and their friends.

They don't know how to do anything. It's all magic now. They call me when something breaks or there is a problem.

I grew up in the sweet spot with both digital and analog. I do both.

My children tell me to turn the music down. I built their first computers and taught them how to use them.

As for the rest. Go sit in a restaurant. How many families and couples are staring at their phones instead of speaking to each other. My own kids drive a long way to come visit and then stare at their phone. It never leaves them. It is like a leash.

Books are forever. No one can disappear the info in them 10 years later and pretend you never saw it and it didn't happen. A few tweeks to the search algorithms and it is like something never happened.

I have lived a lot longer than you and have had way more experience at all manner of things. The attitude of young people now prevents them from deriving any benefit from that. This is a bad thing.

Instead of being expert level help we are all just kooks that don't get it now.

Except we do. It's your loss.

I have observed you live in mortal fear of being told you are doing it wrong by someone that actually knows how. How you feel about something is just as important as what we know about it because we saw it first hand.
I have observed a lot. You are going to have save yourselves.
I am too busy having fun.
Very well said !

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have been one of the last generations to learn the Dewey decimal system. That was the beginning of the end! Is it even in library’s anymore?
We use the library all the time here. Although most of the time its through the Liby app lol. Great for renting audiobooks and ebooks.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I've looked at this title on the right of my screen, I've thought, "What kind of pods are those?" as in... copepods amphipods, etc. Then I realize it's referring to laundry detergent.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is kind of funny. I had people in my family like you describe. They would be between 100-130 years old now and I will be 59 this year. I have kids that are 20-35 now. I have had a close look at them and their friends.

They don't know how to do anything. It's all magic now. They call me when something breaks or there is a problem.

I grew up in the sweet spot with both digital and analog. I do both.

My children tell me to turn the music down. I built their first computers and taught them how to use them.

As for the rest. Go sit in a restaurant. How many families and couples are staring at their phones instead of speaking to each other. My own kids drive a long way to come visit and then stare at their phone. It never leaves them. It is like a leash.

Books are forever. No one can disappear the info in them 10 years later and pretend you never saw it and it didn't happen. A few tweeks to the search algorithms and it is like something never happened.

I have lived a lot longer than you and have had way more experience at all manner of things. The attitude of young people now prevents them from deriving any benefit from that. This is a bad thing.

Instead of being expert level help we are all just kooks that don't get it now.

Except we do. It's your loss.

I have observed you live in mortal fear of being told you are doing it wrong by someone that actually knows how. How you feel about something is just as important as what we know about it because we saw it first hand.
I have observed a lot. You are going to have save yourselves.
I am too busy having fun.
To put things in perspective, I am in my late 20s.

Not every boomer can't use a computer and not every millennial can't use a hammer. I have worked in maintenance departments for big corporations (painting walls, installing cubicals ect) and worked in IT. I can take apart a carburetor and build a computer. I was actually taught most of it by my father.

I know how you feel when something breaks though. I am always called up to fix anything electronic for the whole family. When I am at work and something goes wrong with the computers, people come to me because IT is too slow.

My intention was not be rude towards boomers. They built up what we have today. We just sick of being told that there are fundamental problems with an entire generation. It wasn't millennials who crashed the housing market. We are just the generation who had to deal with it.

Smartphones have changed the world for sure. Some people think its made things worse, others think its made things better. I used to see people reading newspapers instead of on their phones at restaurants. Perhaps the level of physical interaction has decreased since the introduction of smartphones. I see lots of boomers using them too so it doesn't really seem like a millennial problem exclusively. Books are not forever though. Books are physical in nature and therefor are subject to physical degradation. Without digitization, books would wither and the knowledge would be lost.

I am sure there are some people who don't find wisdom from older generations. I like to think that I am pretty open minded guy but we all have our flaws. Obviously the older generations have a ton of things to teach us. I do not intend any disrespect.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How dare them! Millennials should know their place and adopt the same values as the people who came before them. They are too lazy and shouldn't complain when they are called lazy!

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More memes as requested.
9ebf5392b65737056f60e255743a0f12.jpg
3f1fba87465be64ef035ebd44cba667a.jpg

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I've looked at this title on the right of my screen, I've thought, "What kind of pods are those?" as in... copepods amphipods, etc. Then I realize it's referring to laundry detergent.
This made me chuckle! LOL, the reefing innocence

Lukas75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I'm not the only one who initially thought. Is there a a brand "Tide" now that is selling some new species of pod or something?

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I'm not the only one who initially thought. Is there a a brand "Tide" now that is selling some new species of pod or something?

I was thinking it must be some species that's found in tidal pools... so there is that SMALL bit of relevance. :.)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back