OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the info will look into it as an option. :) do you think you mini split will handle heating and cooling? those Alabama summers can get quite hot.

Yes. That's why it's 3 times the size it needs to be. 1 ton will do 600 sq ft. I will have just under 200. I don't want to take a risk with my livestock. I am getting a small generator too just to run the building off of if we have a power outage.

Also, keep in mind, I am adding more supports under the floor just in case. That's a lot of weight on the edges of the building.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. That's why it's 3 times the size it needs to be. 1 ton will do 600 sq ft. I will have just under 200. I don't want to take a risk with my livestock. I am getting a small generator too just to run the building off of if we have a power outage.

Also, keep in mind, I am adding more supports under the floor just in case. That's a lot of weight on the edges of the building.

I look forward to you getting it. i'll be fallowing :D

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New membrane in, flushing for a while before putting in new DI resin. I also split it off to do RO only for drinking water and water for planted tank and put a float valve in the brute can. It wasn't working.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the rabbitfish turned out to be the culprit. I caught him red handed finishing off a yellow tang then immediately went after another. Luckily we caught him. But he was responsible for 6 tangs and two clowns death before it was over with.

The remaining fish are stressed a bit but, should be ok.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK then!

In less than four hours, we have approximately 22 gallons of water. The math says that's about 132 per day. Is that even possible out of a 100gpd membrane? This booster setup from @AquaticLifeProducts is the bees knees! I knew it was good but it wasn't until I upgraded to their classic RODI 100GPD unit that it really does well.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reinforcement done on the floating canopy and first sanding done. I thought I had wood filler but alas, it was dried up. I will pick up some tomorrow and fill all the nail holes and then clean the sump for the swap... after I go do maintenance on a 265, 40 and red sea reefer 525xl and install a storm door for a buddy. :)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK then!

In less than four hours, we have approximately 22 gallons of water. The math says that's about 132 per day. Is that even possible out of a 100gpd membrane? This booster setup from @AquaticLifeProducts is the bees knees! I knew it was good but it wasn't until I upgraded to their classic RODI 100GPD unit that it really does well.
This time of year, yes for over 100gpd. Water isn’t ice cold, so flows better. My 200gpd is averaging 265 and my 750gpd is clocking right at 825. I do run about 90 psi though lol.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Both Steve's, question ,what is your waste ratio?
do you adjust down flow of discharge ? and adjust accordingly ?

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This time of year, yes for over 100gpd. Water isn’t ice cold, so flows better. My 200gpd is averaging 265 and my 750gpd is clocking right at 825. I do run about 90 psi though lol.

I run right at 80psi

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Steve's, question ,what is your waste ratio?
do you adjust down flow of discharge ? and adjust accordingly ?
1:1 for mine on the 200 gpd. 1:0.75 or so on the 750 gpd one. It is a commercial unit and does kind of like the brs water saver, but with huge membranes, 3/8 line and 2 booster pumps. One is pre sediment and one is pre membrane. The pumps are also quite larger than my 200 gpd one.

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a seller, I absolutely hate paypal.

This is the third sale I have had in two weeks and, for the third time, they put the funds on hold saying I haven't sold something in a while.

I imagine it's the bad eggs that cause problems for us honest folks. But, it is still infuriating.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am torn about something. I have loved mid century modern furniture most of my life. I was born in the wrong era. I had been looking for a pair of small seating area chairs, preferably Eames or Pearsall design, since it was decided that I would be doing this whole project. Well, I stumbled on these:

pearsall_chairs.jpg

They are not in perfect condition but very good considering they are older than I am. They are Pearsall designed for Craft Industries. I paid $49.99 for the pair!!! I found a pair of chairs from the same line on an antique site recovered in the wrong color for an astounding amount: $7995!

Now, given how I feel about them, and the search it took. I am debating covering them and selling or keeping them. It will cost over $300 for the period correct fabric in one of the correct colors. Not 100% I can cover them myself even though I have done upholstery in the past on simpler stuff. If I pay to have it done, another few hundred in labor.

Not asking for advice really, I just am airing out things. :)

My first reaction is to keep them, let them appreciate and will them to the boys. My second is to recover, sell them and use the money to go bigger on the building and possibly add another tank. The second choice is a losing proposition and we all know it. I think I will go ahead and recover and just give it a few weeks to decide.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Antiques have little or no value now days since the newer generations are not interested in buying anything but IKEA type stuff. We just took a bath selling my mother in laws furniture at auction for almost nothing. If you enjoy it keep it but if you have a buyer sell it and make the money...the kids always like money!

OP
OP
dantimdad

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Antiques have little or no value now days since the newer generations are not interested in buying anything but IKEA type stuff. We just took a bath selling my mother in laws furniture at auction for almost nothing. If you enjoy it keep it but if you have a buyer sell it and make the money...the kids always like money!

Evidently my wife has been thinking about it too. She just texted me and said "Keep them. You will regret the ones you let get away"

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back