Fish Stock for 15gallon

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi i have a 15 gallon jbj just using jbj ato, return pump for flow and some live rock work and corals. I currently have 2 gladiator clowns, 1 cleaner shrimp, 3 astreas, 3 nassarious, 2 ceriths, and 1 tiger conch. I had a RG but it died and dont want to try my luck with another one. Im leaning towards a yellow goby and want that one display fish. Of course cant have my favorite fish(CBB) but want something similar or not the same color as the clowns. Ive debated a type of wrasses, like the possom but i dont like the red over taking the clowns. Can i get away with a type of angelfish? Or just stick to the 2 clowns get a goby and a wrasse and be satisfied?

image.jpg image.jpg

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way to put an angelfish in a 15 gallon, way to small. I would stick to the two clowns and add either the goby and wrasse. Since you have coral you will want to monitor the bio load and water parameters with those fish in there before you proceed to add another. But 4 fish in such a small tank is pushing it.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't add anymore. The two clowns are already pushing the limits.
My friend i had bought the tank from had 6 clowns in the tank at aquashella and said I should of done the same but I figured thats overkill and wasnt doing that. So sticking with the clown pair but looking for nice display active fish.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way to put an angelfish in a 15 gallon, way to small. I would stick to the two clowns and add either the goby and wrasse. Since you have coral you will want to monitor the bio load and water parameters with those fish in there before you proceed to add another. But 4 fish in such a small tank is pushing it.
Ya any angelfish otd. So considering a wrasse. 4 or 6 maybe pink streaked. Lfs said i get away with 5. Friend i got the tank said i can do 6+ but im not doing that far. Tank is about 2 months old. Added coral after first week. Then more coral and fish on week 2 and and parameters have been good and on point just passed thru brown algae bloom and didnt over do it on the snails. Just passing thru small green algae currently

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend i had bought the tank from had 6 clowns in the tank at aquashella and said I should of done the same but I figured thats overkill and wasnt doing that. So sticking with the clown pair but looking for nice display active fish.
Ok.
Just because someone had 6 clowns in a 15g doesn't make it right.
2 clowns in a 15 is a lot.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.
Just because someone had 6 clowns in a 15g doesn't make it right.
2 clowns in a 15 is a lot.
I agree. I even tell him that but hes apparently done it and it’s possible ig. But no way i would do that. Ive only done 2 wc since starting and thinking to continue with 5 gal wc once a week.( i do 80% of my peacock and hap 55g tank) so thinking just one of my 5gal water jugs is easy enough once a week.

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I even tell him that but hes apparently done it and it’s possible ig. But no way i would do that. Ive only done 2 wc since starting and thinking to continue with 5 gal wc once a week.( i do 80% of my peacock and hap 55g tank) so thinking just one of my 5gal water jugs is easy enough once a week.
Right, and water quality isn't the only issue. Stress and aggression are going to be high. You don't want fish literally bumping into one another because there's not enough space to swim freely. Also consider, the cube offers less lateral swimming room than a traditional 15g.

OP
OP
B

BaileyAR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, and water quality isn't the only issue. Stress and aggression are going to be high. You don't want fish literally bumping into one another because there's not enough space to swim freely. Also consider, the cube offers less lateral swimming room than a traditional 15g.
I think it’s inhumane to keep 6 clowns in a 15 cube lol. But the pair i like and only way it makes sense. Specially once they get adult they will take up some space. Maybe I try my luck with just a 6 line. Got some good tunnels and holes as well. But definitely focused on coral so cant have it all specially in a 15g

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s inhumane to keep 6 clowns in a 15 cube lol. But the pair i like and only way it makes sense. Specially once they get adult they will take up some space. Maybe I try my luck with just a 6 line. Got some good tunnels and holes as well. But definitely focused on coral so cant have it all specially in a 15g
I don’t recommend any more fish (Even a sixline). Those clowns will take hold of the whole tank as they age and will most likely kill off any peaceful tankmates or be killed off by the six line. Really it should be left with those two fish and just let it do it’s thing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back