OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the day off work. Had some blood drawn at the lab. Semi annual blood test. Normal.

Came home and got some coral frags and went to my LFS that I like, "Seascape studio" and traded them for a couple packs of LRS reef frenzy. Hey, they were some pieces just laying around! Lol

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change done for the week. You may ask, or not, are you testing your water?

Well...... No I'm not. Quite honestly it's been a couple months since I've done any water tests. In all reality, the tank runs pretty much on auto pilot except for weekly water changes and the common husbandry things such as changing out the filter sock, skimmer cup cleaning....etc. In a bigger picture, it's really been auto pilot for a very long time, like years.

So ask me what my water parameters are and I've got to say......I don't know (Shoulder shrugs, head down...lol)

Looks good, don't touch. Old school.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current tank status...

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of torches are they?

Not sure. Like a "toxic neon green". Lol.

Purchased about six years ago with just two heads. Around eleven heads now. I have traded several heads off over the years.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Sunday morning Reef Squad.

This is likely mylast 'good morning' for a week as we are off on a kayak adventure in north central Florida. I promise to bring back photos (it's what I do).

I was finally able to attempt to drill a 75g to add the Eshopps Eclipse L (thanks again @Ron Reefman and @Big G for your previous input). I was slightly worried for two reasons (1) although the panel that I was planning to drill passed the polarized lens test, so did the bottom which is clearly marked as tempered; and (2) right before I started drilling, a black cat ran past where I was set up to drill (true story). Long story short, both holes turned out really clean with no chips at all!

Glad it worked out! I wish somebody could come up with a quick, easy, sure fire way to know if glass is tempered or not!

Our reef club meeting was today at our house and we had a great time. One of the members is a young lady who is a talented artist and she brought me a beautiful charcoal drawing. I have to admit I got a bit teary eyed when she presented me with the unexpected present. She based it on a couple of other things she knew were near and dear to me.

Molli's charcoal.jpg

My wife is taking another painting class, maybe her 4th or 5th. But she is also taking a drawing class and they are doing their work with charcoal. She looked at this and said that it's first class work! Congratulations. I can't get my wife to even try and paint a Rock Flower Anemone garden!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is likely mylast 'good morning' for a week as we are off on a kayak adventure in north central Florida. I promise to bring back photos (it's what I do).

Glad it worked out! I wish somebody could come up with a quick, easy, sure fire way to know if glass is tempered or not!

My wife is taking another painting class, maybe her 4th or 5th. But she is also taking a drawing class and they are doing their work with charcoal. She looked at this and said that it's first class work! Congratulations. I can't get my wife to even try and paint a Rock Flower Anemone garden!

Hope you and your wife have an enjoyable trip!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wrong thread Ron?

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Ron's post was interesting....... Sure it was meant for a different thread. No worries.

For those interested, here's my second article I've written for Reef2reef:

Enjoy.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change day.

A subject that has been on my mind for quite some time has been a frag tank. A place to frag my tank and a place them, possibly to sell, to give me some room. I'm cheap and don't want to spend a ton of money, at least not right now on one, but it's a need that I need to do.

Thinking at the moment is to take a small area in the sump to do this. It's the most cost effective approach right now. If I go this route, I've got to make room. More on this today.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had a chance to read your "psychology" articles but am looking forward to them!

Still debating a frag area.

I vote for implementation of a frag area!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back