OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the diy in everything you do. Please show before and afters!! This is historic stuff here. I wanna jump for joy and cry at the same time! ;Hilarious

I have something else I want to try. Experiment time soon.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Flippers4pups I do wonder, does the frag setup limit your water changes now?

Good question. Yes during a water change the corals will be exposed to the air, but it's only for a short time and it doesn't effect them as they stay wet the whole time. So no it doesn't limit the amount of water exchanged.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good question. Yes during a water change the corals will be exposed to the air, but it's only for a short time and it doesn't effect them as they stay wet the whole time. So no it doesn't limit the amount of water exchanged.
Thx Flippers, your my new SaltWater hero so need to make sure my future plans work out..
No pressure.. I 'm just kidding, kinda :)

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Last week of working nights at work. Company has decided to put all of us in my department on split shifts during the day, so starting next week I'll be working 3 12's during the day. Company is paying us 4 hours free to make a full paycheck, that's good!

It's a short week too as me and the wife have decided to take the grandsons trout fishing this weekend and rented a cabin. Much needed small vacation.

Tank is doing fine. I did a water change on it last night.

So next week I should be able to be on the forum more.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:

Last week of working nights at work. Company has decided to put all of us in my department on split shifts during the day, so starting next week I'll be working 3 12's during the day. Company is paying us 4 hours free to make a full paycheck, that's good!

It's a short week too as me and the wife have decided to take the grandsons trout fishing this weekend and rented a cabin. Much needed small vacation.

Tank is doing fine. I did a water change on it last night.

So next week I should be able to be on the forum more.
Cabin on the lake sounds Awesome, Hope you have a great weekend with your family and catch lots of fish!

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishing will be great fun for the grandsons!! My grandpa used to wake us up really early to take 4 of us fishing in his boat. I caught a snapping turtle one time and it snapped my Barbie fishing pole! Where you headed? I didn’t think many places were open for this type of stuff yet but the Memorial Day party at the ozarks proved me wrong.

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishing will be great fun for the grandsons!! My grandpa used to wake us up really early to take 4 of us fishing in his boat. I caught a snapping turtle one time and it snapped my Barbie fishing pole! Where you headed? I didn’t think many places were open for this type of stuff yet but the Memorial Day party at the ozarks proved me wrong.

Montauk state park down past Rolla. My dad was a avid fly fisherman for ranbow trout when I was growing up. Taught me how to fly fish when I was young with a fly rod. We use to go two, three times a year trout fishing, there and at Bennett springs state park down by Branson. Him and my mom belonged to the Airstream club. (always had Airstream campers)

My wife and her family use to go to Montauk to trout fish when she was young. Might have crossed paths back then and didn't know it! Lol

She's very good at fly fishing. Last time we went, she caught more than me!

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught yourself a keeper! Pun intended :) We go to table rock lake past Branson. I’ve never been to montauk or been fly fishing, I was never good at the off the boat or boat dock fishing anyways. Hope you all have a great time!

OP
OP
F

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a great time. Not a lot better than being in the water or on shore wetting a line

The trout streams here are fed from spring fed aquaphors and the water is very cold. Perfect for rainbow trout. Get hot fishing, just sit down in the stream! Lol

Fishing in the fall before the end of the season you need insulated waders. I've fished at the end of the season and the eyelets of my pole froze over!

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trout streams here are fed from spring fed aquaphors and the water is very cold. Perfect for rainbow trout. Get hot fishing, just sit down in the stream! Lol

Fishing in the fall before the end of the season you need insulated waders. I've fished at the end of the season and the eyelets of my pole froze over!
Have a great weekend!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back