Flush valve on Rodi 6 stage problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

alexmara76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 3 months of use of my 75 GPh 6 stage drinking and reef Rodi system I’ve installed a flush valve from BRS .
When I flush the system I should not produce any water , but I produce anyway water and all the TDS crap goes into my drinking water tank or in the DI resin. If I flush or not the system , the quantity of the water I get , it’s alway the same
My psi water pressure is 80 and when I open the flush valve goes down at 75
Plus when I flush the system a noise like leaking air is coming out from the faucet.
Any help I’d appreciate

Last edited:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @alexmara76 ,
Sorry to hear about the issues. If the pressure is still at 75 PSI when the valve is open, the membrane will still be functioning at a very high level, so this shouldn't put an extra measurable amount of TDS into your pressure tank or through the DI resin.

That said, it's unusual to have a flush valve not cause a dramatic drop in pressure. First, I would make sure that you removed the original flow restrictor (the manual flush valves we sell have one built-in). If that's not removed, then the flush valve won't do anything. If that's not your issue, reach out to our customer service team and they can review your issue and send a replacement if necessary.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]
Live Chat: BRS website

OP
OP
alexmara76

alexmara76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @alexmara76 ,
Sorry to hear about the issues. If the pressure is still at 75 PSI when the valve is open, the membrane will still be functioning at a very high level, so this shouldn't put an extra measurable amount of TDS into your pressure tank or through the DI resin.

That said, it's unusual to have a flush valve not cause a dramatic drop in pressure. First, I would make sure that you removed the original flow restrictor (the manual flush valves we sell have one built-in). If that's not removed, then the flush valve won't do anything. If that's not your issue, reach out to our customer service team and they can review your issue and send a replacement if necessary.

BRS Customer Service
Phone: 763-432-9691
Email: [email protected]
Live Chat: BRS website
Thank you for you answer , confirmed the original flow restrictor was removed . Ok I will reach out your customer care . Thank you , Alex

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back