FLUVAL EDGE - 23L - Nano Tank

KB1989

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers....

I thought I'd share my Fluval Edge Marine conversion. New to reefing, and this is my first tank 3 months in. What a minefield it's been and the sheer amount of research and cost to it all. What's your thoughts on my set up? Started using chemi pure blue nano filter media bags and my tank has improved amazingly, as struggling to get phosphates and nitrates down without doing like 75% water changes weekly. Also struggling to get PH up so just bought some Kalkwasser and a dosing pump awaiting delivery with some dosing chambers.

Has anyone used this and its worked for them from Maidenhead Aquatics:

https://www.fishkeeper.co.uk/aquamanta-phos-nitra-remover-filter-media-1400g

Just added some to the filter also and monitoring Phosphate and Nitrate every day to ensure they don't bottom out.

Current set up:

Fluval Edge - Nano 23l
TMC Pro Salt
Fluval 107 Caninster
TMC UV Nano Steriliser
AI Prime Light
AI Prime Nero 3 Power Head
Glass Nano Lily Pipes for Filter Feeds
In line heater (so don't have to have in tank as small)
Bean design Mameskimmer 3 mini (mame skimmer 3mini) protein skimmer Ⅲ
Cut perspex to seal top of tank (stop jumping fish - lost a clown he went on a kamikaze mission lol)
Currently been dosing Red Seas A,B,C foundation elements.

Current parameters:

PH 7.8
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20ppm
Calcium 450
Magnesium 1350
KH 9
Phosphate 0.3 - 0.4ppm

Test Kits used:

Hannah:

Magnesium
UL Phosphorus
High Nitrate

API:

Full Saltwater and Reef test kits

I find the Alkalinity DKH test more accurate than the Hannah Alkalinity kit I've got, and I also found Hannah's Calcium checker way off target... compared to my LFS store's Titan test machine.

Also, any information on how best to mix my Seachem Kalkwasser when it arrives? I want to use it to maintain my alkalinity, calcium, and PH around 8.3. has anyone achieved this with Kalkwasser?

Need to start dosing in case we decide to go away as family wouldn't have a clue about manual dosing lol

Thanks guys :)

IMG_0643.jpeg IMG_0634.jpeg IMG_0602.jpeg IMG_0603.jpeg IMG_0628.jpeg IMG_0708.jpeg IMG_0709.jpeg IMG_0309.jpeg IMG_0310.jpeg

chacablaca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome setup, I’m also converting to marine a 46L now and it’s been intense. Did you ever think to stick with the stock lighting for low light corals?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back