Fluval products

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone uses Fluval products in their reef tank(s).

I currently use:
CP1, CP2, CP4 powerheads
Fx4 canister filter (used a 306 canister filter prior, but wanted more water volume)
Fluval LED marine 3.0 Bluetooth (48-60")
Fluval LED marine 1.0 white/blue switch (48-60"), will upgrade to a 3.0 when I get some extra cash.

I really like their products, and like that they have been in the aquarium business longer than I can think.

I have never had any issues with their stuff, but I also don't find many out in forum land that do use their products on reef aquariums.

Anywho, just wondering if I am alone in my Fluval Reefing, lol

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I currently use:
CP1, CP2, CP4 powerheads
Fx4 canister filter (used a 306 canister filter prior, but wanted more water volume)
Fluval LED marine 1.0 white/blue switch (48-60"), will upgrade to a 3.0 when I get some extra cash.

I really like their products, and like that they have been in the aquarium business longer than I can think.

I have never had any issues with their stuff, but I also don't find many out in forum land that do use their products on reef aquariums.

I use a fluval HOB filter for my QT tank and runs like a champ. Had a heater a while back as well.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not alone.
I use the Fluval E-Series 200Watt heater, best heater I have ever owned, by far.
Smart, digital, onboard display in three colors, automatic shutoff, keeps my temp within .5 degree F.
Add an inkbird controller, and that’s two redundancies.

F41B4898-FFF5-4381-9F68-E6EF81104476.jpeg

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not alone.
I use the Fluval E-Series 200Watt heater, best heater I have ever owned, by far.
Smart, digital, onboard display in three colors, automatic shutoff, keeps my temp within .5 degree F.

Beautiful tank!

AndyinAtlanta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love-hate relationship with Fluval. I have their Flex 32.5 gallon tank. Really cool looking tank. I have no major qualms with it. The additional light for the tank is still not available a year after the tank was released. If I had known that I would have gone with a different tank.

Their protein skimmer seems to be doing a great job, as is the heater. Overall I think they make quality products, but I definitely feel they are a notch, or two, below the "prosumer" level products.

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Nano light on a freshwater planted tank. It was about $90, is fully programmable and grows everything I have planted at 75% power. It looks good too.

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not alone.

Beautiful tank

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my freshwater tanks I did use a 307 and 207. I switched out the 307 for an Oase.

Fluval makes great designs but seems to have a bit cheaper build quality. That being said I still think Fluval is one of the best choices out there.

WWTPSup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use a fluval fx6 for 120g reef tank
I have a brand new 125 gallon tank that‘s not drilled. I also have and FX6. I’ve been trying to reach out to people on R2R that have experience with the FX6 on a reef tank to find out how it‘s been working out for them, but to no avail. How’s it working for you? What kind of media are you using? How’s the maintenance? What’s in your tank (mixed reef, heavy bioload, etc.). Do you prefer the FX6 over a sump set up? I’d appreciate any advice that you have before I procreed with my set up.

Murice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new 125 gallon tank that‘s not drilled. I also have and FX6. I’ve been trying to reach out to people on R2R that have experience with the FX6 on a reef tank to find out how it‘s been working out for them, but to no avail. How’s it working for you? What kind of media are you using? How’s the maintenance? What’s in your tank (mixed reef, heavy bioload, etc.). Do you prefer the FX6 over a sump set up? I’d appreciate any advice that you have before I procreed with my set up.
Sorry it took so long to see this, I love the fx6 but recently went down to a 20g tank. Maintenance is a lot easier, that's the only thing that is easier though. As far as the fx6 went, maintenance was ok at best, mainly do to laziness. I put bio media in the middle tray, took out outer foam and added all bio. To tray had medium and fine foam in the middle and bio underneath that. Bottom tray had bio in the middle and chemi pure blue and purigen. I kept the factory foam in all except middle tray. I'm just as scatter brained IRL as I am in writing this and hope u can decipher it. Hope this helps and answers what you were wondering

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I currently use:
CP1, CP2, CP4 powerheads

Ive got a fluval 3.0 led and the 2.0 on my 130l tank. And the 306 canister filter.

WWTPSup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it took so long to see this, I love the fx6 but recently went down to a 20g tank. Maintenance is a lot easier, that's the only thing that is easier though. As far as the fx6 went, maintenance was ok at best, mainly do to laziness. I put bio media in the middle tray, took out outer foam and added all bio. To tray had medium and fine foam in the middle and bio underneath that. Bottom tray had bio in the middle and chemi pure blue and purigen. I kept the factory foam in all except middle tray. I'm just as scatter brained IRL as I am in writing this and hope u can decipher it. Hope this helps and answers what you were wondering
No worries. Thanks for the reply. Any information helps!

Back