Frag plugs for chalices

hitmanhoos

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
113
Reaction score
2
Location
WV
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple chalice frags that are growing off the discs they are on. Does anyone have a recommendation for large discs or tiles to put them on?

Thanks
 
Several companies make the bigger plugs but I vote make a couple of frags of each, do some swappin' locally, and glue the rest down on a big rock for growout.
 
I will NEVER put a chalice on a rock again, I get 3-4x the growth on the sand bed or glass. I refuse to even put them on plugs anymore. I use a microscope slide for booger frags I get and sell loose when at all possible.

Keep in mind that when I sell it is no less than 8, likely 15+ eyes. lol in the case of my stunner I would guess average is 50 eyes :D
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new