• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: Aquamaxx HOB-1

  • Thread starter Thread starter gar732
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2009
Messages
2,401
Reaction score
400
Location
CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aquamaxx hob-1, it works great just look at the reviews on the boards. In these pics I rerouted the intake to better suit my solana. The reroute isn't permanent and the stock plumbing is what I've included with the skimmer. $135 shipped for an awesome skimmer.




Here is the lid and silencer. The lid broke during shipping when I purchased it, I repaired it using weld-on 4 so it's nice and clean and it in no way effects anything.
 
Would this be over skimming on 14g? What type of tank did you have it on? Thanks.
 
Pump included? What pump were you using?

It comes with the stock pump the shark 1.0, it's a sicce pump.

Would this be over skimming on 14g? What type of tank did you have it on? Thanks.

It's rated for 90gal but I don't think that's realistic. I had this on my 34 solana and it worked well but it may not be consistent on a 14g. I guess it would depend on your bio-load?
 
Still available, $125 shipped.
 
I have used this skimmer for over 6 months now. It's a quality skimmer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
 
Ya thats a very good skimmer someone better buy it. Have it on my 20 and a Sea Hare died in it and skimmer pulled all the nice pretty purple stuff out and I never lost a thin Very nice skimmer
 
Thanks for the bump guys, I agree this skimmer is a beast. I ran it on my 70g system for a few weeks while I was dealing with some pump issues on my other skimmer. I was impressed with how well it did.
 
I'm very interested in the skimmer I just can't find anybody that used it on a 20g or less tank. The tank I have is heavily stocked with corals mostly lps and softies. And Only two fish and some inverts.
 
I'm very interested in the skimmer I just can't find anybody that used it on a 20g or less tank. The tank I have is heavily stocked with corals mostly lps and softies. And Only two fish and some inverts.

I found a thread where someone put one on a bio cube 14 but they didn't post results, sorry not more helpful.

Is the skimmer still available?!!

Yes it is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new