Furry growthon live rock

pearlscale

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Crossville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As soon as I learn how to post pics I'll show it but for now... I have a white "furry" growth on a piece of live rock that bothers me. Water chemestry is fine, ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, etc. The rock has a beautiful coating of coarline alge with many tiny "feather duster like" creatures I dont want to loose. The growth seems confined to one corner and has not seemed to spread at all. Actually it looks cool and usually if all else stays ok I dont remove anything that may be found on a reef. Not much info I know but any thoughts?
 
Could be sponge and honestly it doesn't sound like anything to worry about. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new