General Maintenance

youngtimothy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
309
Reaction score
4
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is your most important maintence ritual, something you make sure you do no mater what!
I do water chances every 2 to 3 weeks and clean the glass every day!
 
Glass cleaning: Every 2 days
Water change: once a week
Skimmer cup: daily
Powerheads: Once a month a quick soak in vinegar
Return pump, skimmer pump: About every 6 weeks
Cleaning out the whole sump: every 2-3 months
Cleaning Temp and PH probes: Quick clean once a month
Lights: Wipe off the screen below the lights every couple weeks.
 
I have to manually top off my tank(29)... so if I miss a day or two the sp. gravity can go up kinda quick.
 
I really don't have a set routine.
 
Clean skimmer cup every 2 days. WC's 20% every 3 weeks, Clean pumps about every 4-6 months.
 
every single week i never fail to do my maintenance which the whole deal is the most important thing. 15 percent WC weekly. change filter sock. scrub/scrape algae, test bi weekly/daily depending on results. every day clean the glass and drool :DDDD
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new