Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just installed my reactor last week

can’t seem to get my chamber going
Ph is at 5.85 I’m currently running 1 bobble per second and one drip per sec

also can’t get a good flow inside the chamber Im pushing water in at 40 ml per second with a kamoer peresaltic pump

Any pointers help thanks guys

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’re saying one effluent drip per second gets you 40 ml of effluent per minute? Not sure what you mean by “can’t get my chamber going?” If you’re at 5.85 ph, I’d say that is too low and you should either increase your effluent rate or decrease your CO2 bubble rate. You probably want to get your reactor ph to 6.3-6.5. However you need your drip rate to be the right speed to maintain alk and cal and in your tank.

OP
OP
Ignacio0607

Ignacio0607

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’re saying one effluent drip per second gets you 40 ml of effluent per minute? Not sure what you mean by “can’t get my chamber going?” If you’re at 5.85 ph, I’d say that is too low and you should either increase your effluent rate or decrease your CO2 bubble rate. You probably want to get your reactor ph to 6.3-6.5. However you need your drip rate to be the right speed to maintain alk and cal and in your tank.
I posted a video of my issue in the chamber not getting the bubbles reacting in the chamber pump is on

Attachments

• IMG_1079.MOV
    39 MB
OP
OP
Ignacio0607

Ignacio0607

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im pushing 40ml of water into my main chamber using a kamoer pump

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All Joking aside the video doesn't work for me, just the audio. Even when I download it and try to play in VLC. My computer doesn't like to behave sometimes. It is possible the media is starting to melt and clogging the chamber but it usually doesn't happen super fast. Depending on how bad the issue is it is actually pretty common for air to accumulate at the top of the chamber which needs to be purged from time to time. This is even more likely if you pump isn't primed and is pushing air into it. It is also possible the recirc pump is dead or that you didn't sufficiently rinse the media and the fines are causing it to clog. There are many other possibilities. This is the nature with calcium reactors. They are never simple.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would pull the water instead of pushing and shoot for 40mL to 80mL a minute. Your media will simply melt at that low pH. For Reborn, anything below 7.5 will start to dissolve the media. I think a range of 6.8 to 7.3 will be fine to start with.

OP
OP
Ignacio0607

Ignacio0607

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pull the water instead of pushing and shoot for 40mL to 80mL a minute. Your media will simply melt at that low pH. For Reborn, anything below 7.5 will start to dissolve the media. I think a range of 6.8 to 7.3 will be fine to start with.
Thanks for your advice

Attachments

• 81F2B663-A4C3-4E59-AC06-A9C906385BCA.png
    81F2B663-A4C3-4E59-AC06-A9C906385BCA.png
    272.4 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Ignacio0607

Ignacio0607

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a video of my issue in the chamber not getting the bubbles reacting in the chamber p
thsnks bud looks like I’m on the right path now

Back