GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask if GHL plans to incorporate the ability to use amperage reading in programming logic? This would be a nice feature and also being able to sound an alarm if an amperage reads 0 and your not in a maintenance or feed mode.

oscarmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask if GHL plans to incorporate the ability to use amperage reading in programming logic? This would be a nice feature and also being able to sound an alarm if an amperage reads 0 and your not in a maintenance or feed mode.

I hope they do, this was the main reason why I wanted the PAB 5.1 and the P4, the power monitoring and to tie email notifications to it.

oscarmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that the probes cannot be fully submerged in water and that the wire connection should not be inside the water, what kind of probe holders do you guys use to prevent this from a happening?

oscarmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you create a My GHL account - you can reach your P4 through internet - its a cloud service - here is the manual

Sincerely Lasse

Thank you Lasse, I do have myghl setup, I have noticed it has been very inconsistent this last couple of days because of the upgrades they are making to it. I would definitely monitor using myghl and the webcams, but the email notifications would be a huge plus, so I don't have to worry too much about checking.

Jerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that the probes cannot be fully submerged in water and that the wire connection should not be inside the water, what kind of probe holders do you guys use to prevent this from a happening?

I've used the Vertex sensor mag titanium in the past, but GHL does offer probe holders and the Measurement Cell.

I am in the process of installing the Measurement Cell to my new system.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Lasse, I do have myghl setup, I have noticed it has been very inconsistent this last couple of days because of the upgrades they are making to it. I would definitely monitor using myghl and the webcams, but the email notifications would be a huge plus, so I don't have to worry too much about checking.

I understand you completely - I´m leaving for a fortnight vacation tomorrow. My old P3 is working with my Aquarium - the new P4 is standing on my desk :)

Sincerely Lasse

oscarmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the holders suggestion.

If I had a P3 I would do the same :).

On another note, after connecting the P4 to WiFi I moved it to its final location, about 7 feet from there, I disconnected and reconnected the P4 and the modem to see if it would connect again, it did not. I had to connect to it again with the usb cable, I looked at the settings and everything was correct in communication, except it said it had no signal, yet my iPhone had full strength in the same location, for reference I have a netgear nighthawk and its in the same room. I selected client and reselected client and access point so it would let me save the settings again in GCC after disconnecting the P4 restarted and connected succesfully. I have a static ip assigned to it, but since it succesfully reconected after saving the same settings again, that was not problem, problem seemed to be with the P4 wifi saying it had no signal for some reason. Anyone else has noticed this on their P4?, I am running GCC 1.0.9.5 latest with P4 7.04 also latest.

I was concerned that if the modem lost power my P4 would never connect again, so this time leaving the P4 plugged in I reset the modem, this time it connected with a max signal strength as you would expect, not sure what happened the first time. Have to test again what would happen if I reset both the P4 and the modem, since this did not work the first time, seems like a bug to me.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm using an APEX magnetic 4 place probe holder. I know lol.

oscarmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is everyone having issues with the buttons in the P4?, they were hard to press on FW 7.02, but that was also causing double taps before. I am in FW 7.04 no more double taps, but hardly any taps either lol. The problem is with the first tap, sometimes it takes me about 10 taps to get it to respond, all of them with varying degrees of force, there isn't a trick to make it work, ocassionally it will work the first time, but that is a rare occurrance, it doesn't feel like an issue with the button, rather it seems P4 ignores the taps because it is doing something else, sometimes it will respond with a delay.

After you get the menu, the arrows almost always work and so does cancel, which is proof the issue are not the controls. I have reported this to GHL, and they said they do have this issue with the sensitivity of the buttons, and there will be a new FW where you can adjust the sensitivity. But beyond the sensitivity I think it is also an issue with how the P4 is processing the buttons, as sometimes it ignotrs them, unless the sensitivity on the buttons is at this time random and varies every single time, I know this because sometimes the button will respond with a relatively soft touch, other times even holding the unit so it doesn't move and pressing it relatively hard does nothing.

It is sometimes a pain just to initiate a manual feed pause because of this, I know you can also do it from myghl, but unfortunately that has been spotty lately.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is everyone having issues with the buttons in the P4?, they were hard to press on FW 7.02, but that was also causing double taps before. I am in FW 7.04 no more double taps, but hardly any taps either lol. The problem is with the first tap, sometimes it takes me about 10 taps to get it to respond, all of them with varying degrees of force, there isn't a trick to make it work, ocassionally it will work the first time, but that is a rare occurrance, it doesn't feel like an issue with the button, rather it seems P4 ignores the taps because it is doing something else, sometimes it will respond with a delay.

After you get the menu, the arrows almost always work and so does cancel, which is proof the issue are not the controls. I have reported this to GHL, and they said they do have this issue with the sensitivity of the buttons, and there will be a new FW where you can adjust the sensitivity. But beyond the sensitivity I think it is also an issue with how the P4 is processing the buttons, as sometimes it ignotrs them, unless the sensitivity on the buttons is at this time random and varies every single time, I know this because sometimes the button will respond with a relatively soft touch, other times even holding the unit so it doesn't move and pressing it relatively hard does nothing.

It is sometimes a pain just to initiate a manual feed pause because of this, I know you can also do it from myghl, but unfortunately that has been spotty lately.

Sorry your having troubles.

I dont use the arrows on my P4. I use the touch screen, GCC, and now im able to use the cloud in read/write format. Tested the feedmode from the cloud and it worked flawlessly yesterday.

oscarmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myghl has been a lot more consistent lately, so I have been able to ignore the P4 UI issue and trigger everything from there. It has been working great and programming was a breeze.

That being said, I am seeing the P4 internal clock is gaining 6-8 seconds daily. Originally I though this was related to summer time change and the option to spread it out over several days, but even after disabling this and resetting the clock, it keeps gaining time, I reset it last 5 days ago, and its now almost a full minute ahead when compared to my iPhone or https://time.is/GMT (they have the same time to the second as the IPhone automatically syncs time). I synced a timer with an eheim feeder - that one still has the same time to the second, the P4 not quite. Anyone else seeing the same issue?

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. If you're pump is 0-10v compatible, use one of those ports and free up a socket.

Wut? o_O lol
I know it is a late reply but I have question in regards of 1-10V external DC return pump. I have an Abyzz A200, and are planning to use the GHL interface (1-10V to on of the L1,2,3,4 on P4). Does that means I don't need the power cord (3 prong from socket to the pump controlling unit) anymore? I checked the manual on Abyzz but couldn't find any info. If that is true then I can free up a socket as well.

Thanks.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it is a late reply but I have question in regards of 1-10V external DC return pump. I have an Abyzz A200, and are planning to use the GHL interface (1-10V to on of the L1,2,3,4 on P4). Does that means I don't need the power cord (3 prong from socket to the pump controlling unit) anymore? I checked the manual on Abyzz but couldn't find any info. If that is true then I can free up a socket as well.

Thanks.
You would still need the power cord to power the pump, but I believe if you're controlling i via one of the 0-10v outlets, would you not necessarily have to have the pump plugged into one of the power bar sockets. You could plug it into the wall or another power strip that isn't part of the GHL Profilux, if that makes sense.

Of course...I could be all wrong, I'm sure someone else will confirm or deny.

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would still need the power cord to power the pump, but I believe if you're controlling i via one of the 0-10v outlets, would you not necessarily have to have the pump plugged into one of the power bar sockets. You could plug it into the wall or another power strip that isn't part of the GHL Profilux, if that makes sense.

Of course...I could be all wrong, I'm sure someone else will confirm or deny.

Yup. I think the same way. The plug 115V or 120V is still needed. The 1-10V is for controlling signal. If that is the case then I am running out of outlet. Got a 8 switchable strip and a 5.1 power bar, but still need one or two additional outlet...

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. I think the same way. The plug 115V or 120V is still needed. The 1-10V is for controlling signal. If that is the case then I am running out of outlet. Got a 8 switchable strip and a 5.1 power bar, but still need one or two additional outlet...
Amazing how many outlets these tanks can take isn't it? Anyway you can double up an outlet? For example putting both heaters on one controlled outlet on the 5.1? Or doubling up light fixtures or the like?

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing how many outlets these tanks can take isn't it? Anyway you can double up an outlet? For example putting both heaters on one controlled outlet on the 5.1? Or doubling up light fixtures or the like?

Yup. Running 2 Mitras LX7 and they are using 2 outlet from 8 switches. Plus 2 powerhead, P4 touch control, and doser 2.1. Saving the last two remaining for upcoming KH director and doser combo.

Maybe doubling the two Mitras into one outlet is the way to go...

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks.
I'm not familiar with the 0-10v input on the Abyss pumps, but most pumps when input turns to 0v, it'll turn off the pump. If the Abyss works the same, then I'd say you can free up a controlled outlet and move the A200 to the power strip.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back