GHL ProfiLux 4 Official Announcement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mortie31

Yes it will automatically be on when the power comeback. When the computer has started up – the computer settings for that outlet will override the initial setting. If your computer goes down or the PAB will go down – the powerbar waits 1 minute with the computer settings – after that it will turn on the initial settings. It means that you should not have a heather without internal regulation connected to a outlet with a check for initial on! But its good to have the return pump connected to an outlet that has initial on checked.

Sincerely Lasse

Thank you very much

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question;
I'm putting my shopping cart together, p-4 I will need 3 float sensors.

One set will be for a high / low ato, do I need to add a plm-4level? Expansion?
Or
Can I use a splitter for high / low?
Thanks

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question;
I'm putting my shopping cart together, p-4 I will need 3 float sensors.

One set will be for a high / low ato, do I need to add a plm-4level? Expansion?
Or
Can I use a splitter for high / low?
Thanks
Y Splitter

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a
IMG_3805.JPG

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any auto feeders that are programmable with the P4? Currently its annoying that my current autofeeder doesn't sync its time clock with anything so it always gets out of sync so its challenging to program my pumps to go into feed mode when the autofeeder is dispensing food.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any auto feeders that are programmable with the P4? Currently its annoying that my current autofeeder doesn't sync its time clock with anything so it always gets out of sync so its challenging to program my pumps to go into feed mode when the autofeeder is dispensing food.
Plug your feeder into a GHL socket and assign a timer to that socket?

Kyle Sicard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but how would it dispense food if it's not programmable via the P4. The timer would only turn power on/off and I dont know of any auto feeder that automatically dispenses food when power it turned on/off. I've only seen the apex auto feeder and was hoping someone else may have a solution for Profilux users.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno... i don't use them. I'd need a fancy frozen food setup if I was going to automate. :)
I thought maybe the feeder's built in timer could be programmed to run from 12 am to 11:59 pm or something so essentially it would always be on when it had power.
GHL has been talking for years about making one butI haven't heard anything lately.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple powerbars and floats, optic sensors and some other items for sale. All brand new. Pm if interested.

Robthorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention I have a White P4 Ulimate kit as well. Plugged it in to check out the programming. No probes were plugged in.

oscarmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got the Profilux 4, I am able to connect to it via USB, but unable to connect to it via WiFi. My P4 is connected via WiFi to my home network (client mode), same as my computer, and I am selecting TCP/IP connection, it scans but finds no GHL devices conected, is there a trick to make this work?.

Also is there a way to configure email notifications on the P4?, I see screenshots of GCC with it but all of them are on P3. This is a critical feature for me (and I think anyone), and it is definitely mentioned in the P4, is this a bug?, how can I configure it?.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes when you are inside the GCC and change the connection settings - you can´t find any GHL device with TCP/IP. Just shout down the GCC and restart it. Try to connect after this. Normally its works after a restart of GCC

If you can - configure a static IP - it’s better than DHCP

The e - mail function is not implemented for P4 yet – as I understand it will be in the near future. There is some more features, like the remote control, that also lacks compared with P 3. I run the latest firmware and latest GCC.

Sincerely Lasse

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first video is what I needed to follow in order to get my wifi working. For whatever reasons I was not able to use the auto detect function. Pinging was a great way to test. A personal IP address needs to be set to identify the Profilux.

Using CMD in the windows search bar is probably the biggest piece of the puzzle I missed prior to the video.

oscarmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all Lasse, reefwiser and steve01!, I was able to connect to it via WiFi with a static IP after following the video and restarting GCC twice. I am concerned about the email notifications, I assumed those would be ready when the P4 was released, I am taking a 2 weeks vacation next Friday and this makes me concerned. I will have someone checking in the aquarium every third day, and I have 2 security cameras pointing at it, but I would have to constantly monitor. I have set up a feed pause timer matching Filter 1 tied to my stream pumps and a Eheim Feeder time synced to GHL, in addition to more than enough water for the ATO system, and a UPS 1000W to which the GHL is connected. I have never lost power, but I have never left my aquarium for more than a week before, so I am a little concerned about not having email notifications :(.

Back