Ghostbuster's Paradise

I want to document some of the acro that I’ve picked up the last couple years; at least the ones I can look at and say, “Yep, that’s the so and so from you know who”

The first photo is from Pirates Reef of the SRC Trollsicle; purchased a frag at Aquashella Feb 2022 in Orlando. The second photo is from Top Shelf Aquatics of their Miss Piggy Colony. My little frag has been through a lot of hard times in my system, so will get an updated photo soon.

38BBCE90-2EBD-4F43-9D3A-99EDEE7924BA.png TSA Miss Piggy.jpg
 
Last edited:
In Apr 2022, I won an interesting looking acro on Ebay. First pic is when I got it and then here’s two pics from just now

Beautiful Acro 02 $13.15.jpg 9AB70DA9-5208-4B1D-8634-DF81FE3989C5.jpeg 7E656307-7BB9-4BCD-933E-DFF81849BDEE.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Just got a new system running yesterday! Woohoo
 

Attachments

  • 0DC05338-FCF6-4EE4-A98F-15949A12500A.jpeg
    0DC05338-FCF6-4EE4-A98F-15949A12500A.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 90
  • D43C7CF9-9DE1-438D-B138-969E1C06CB2D.jpeg
    D43C7CF9-9DE1-438D-B138-969E1C06CB2D.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 105
Cleaning the sump after over a year and a half; wiped me out this morning.
 

Attachments

  • 11418005-A396-4F46-AA67-24E30EA8C38E.jpeg
    11418005-A396-4F46-AA67-24E30EA8C38E.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 365C18B1-8579-44DC-AE58-CFF5521BD092.jpeg
    365C18B1-8579-44DC-AE58-CFF5521BD092.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 95
Holy thread resurrection haha! I got a notification about this thread and I’m like I don’t recall it?!? Hmmmm. That was 2011 last time I commented :grinning-squinting-face:
 
Holy thread resurrection haha! I got a notification about this thread and I’m like I don’t recall it?!? Hmmmm. That was 2011 last time I commented :grinning-squinting-face:
That’s awesome! I’ve been through a few tanks since then. Thanks for checking in!
 
That’s awesome! I’ve been through a few tanks since then. Thanks for checking in!
Nice! I took a 12 year break and just came back like 6 months ago myself..
 
Nice! I took a 12 year break and just came back like 6 months ago myself..
Can’t wait to see your setup. Sorry about my bad photo of the fragrack; probably will take a better pic tonight with filters and blue lights, as well as a little glass cleaning
 
In general, acro frags don’t look like much to begin with, but when they grow into about palm size colonies, you get to see their colors bloom. One of the frags I’m really looking forward to is @Battlecorals New Year’s Eve acro. Here’s a pic from Battlecorals website of his colony:
7A7A08EC-4C22-4228-9C73-1DE9B3A71BE7.jpeg
 
Everything one needs to replace a broken Power Supply for your Ecotech Marine Radion led light fixtures…
 

Attachments

  • CD5D7B72-320A-4720-816B-315F40561EE2.jpeg
    CD5D7B72-320A-4720-816B-315F40561EE2.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 4724C509-69D7-47C1-9AD9-E02105C7F3BB.jpeg
    4724C509-69D7-47C1-9AD9-E02105C7F3BB.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 2AF7DF05-C862-4740-9C97-B22C07F97CA8.jpeg
    2AF7DF05-C862-4740-9C97-B22C07F97CA8.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 65
  • BB66AEB4-DB37-4FAE-9028-1A255EC8C999.jpeg
    BB66AEB4-DB37-4FAE-9028-1A255EC8C999.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 2B0B9E0A-3ADC-4385-B7A5-E043AFC65CA2.jpeg
    2B0B9E0A-3ADC-4385-B7A5-E043AFC65CA2.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 87
Regular Instant Ocean salt is terrible. After mixing it yesterday, tested Mg and Alk this morning. The Alk is not a big problem at 8.9 Dkh; but Magnesium tested at 960 ppm. That means I have to add 6.75 cups of Mg solution to get it to my target of 1450! No wonder it’s so cheap. The added cost of my own Mg solution makes it not worth ever buying again. I will test Ca after mixing in the extra Mg.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new