Giant worm! What is this?

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DE448EC7-11CA-4E5D-99C6-2CE6665731D5.png

This guy was swimming all over the tank freaking the fish out! All my live rock is manufactured so I can rule out pests from the ocean. What is this!? Most definitely not a bristle worm...

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say your live rock was manufactured... Did you buy it dry or buy it from a wet tank as live rock?

I'm guessing sitting in a huge bin of saltwater with lots of other rock as I doubt that thing came outta a fish! yeesh tonight is a nightmare night I guess. thanks @UCF Alum :mad:

OP
OP
UCF Alum

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say your live rock was manufactured... Did you buy it dry or buy it from a wet tank as live rock?

My rock is 2 years old. Rock from CaribSea. I’ve never seen anything like it before and I get in the tank often at night with a flashlight. Whatever this thing was did not retreat for cover in the rocks when I went after it. I scooped it out with a net and flushed it. Could one of my fish have coughed this thing up?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rock is 2 years old. Rock from CaribSea. I’ve never seen anything like it before and I get in the tank often at night with a flashlight. Whatever this thing was did not retreat for cover in the rocks when I went after it. I scooped it out with a net and flushed it. Could one of my fish have coughed this thing up?
Should’ve kept it in a cup for us to check out closer! We may never know :rolleyes:

OP
OP
UCF Alum

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing sitting in a huge bin of saltwater with lots of other rock as I doubt that thing came outta a fish! yeesh tonight is a nightmare night I guess. thanks @UCF Alum :mad:

Correct. Was in a bin of saltwater 2 years ago. This “thing” had no intention of seeking cover when I tried to get it. You know, like a bristle worm would.

I’m still creeped out. I hate snake like creatures. This thing came straight from the devil himself.

OP
OP
UCF Alum

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone is messing with you. Have you had company? That's not natural lol

No lol.
I’m sitting here staring at the tank thinking of any and all possibilities of where that thing could’ve come from and can’t think of one.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a peanut worm - obviously it’s some type of worm - it could have been brought in as a microscopic egg of larva on anything that came from another aquarium. Fish, coral, etc. In fact, it’s possible you may have more.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%

Back