Goby and blenny compatibility

adamlodge14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a Fluval evo 13.5 and was wondering whether a Yasha goby, tailspot blenny and neon goby would all get along together, thanks.
This is my tank.. it has lots of live rock
3BD5B741-0F7A-4C2A-9ECE-9D23AF36359E.png

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO I think you’ll be fine with one goby and one blenny but I’d be wary adding two gobies as they compete for burrows and such. Let’s see what more knowledgeable people have to say though!

OP
OP
adamlodge14

adamlodge14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO I think you’ll be fine with one goby and one blenny but I’d be wary adding two gobies as they compete for burrows and such. Let’s see what more knowledgeable people have to say though!
The reason I thought that these gobies would be compatible is because neon gobies tend to spend most time on the rock, I think.

DrufusReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blenny's ang Gobies usually get along, but I had a bi-color blenny that couldn't stand a diamond watchman goby. Wouldn't let the goby eat and he eventually died. For the most part you should be ok, but always be careful and watch.

OP
OP
adamlodge14

adamlodge14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blenny's ang Gobies usually get along, but I had a bi-color blenny that couldn't stand a diamond watchman goby. Wouldn't let the goby eat and he eventually died. For the most part you should be ok, but always be careful and watch
Yes, after doing more research, it seems as though a dot dash or a tailspot will be my best option. A bicolour can be intolerant of smaller fish sometimes.
I have decided that I will not get a neon goby, there is no point doing something that might not work

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Neon goby would be perfectly fine and wouldn't bother another goby unless you had another Elacatinus goby in the tank. They are awesome little fish with great personalities and are one of the best cleaners out there (along with there genus counterparts). My sharknose has a "station" and all the fish, besides my YWG who's too grumpy to leave his burrow, come to get cleaned, even my striped blenny enjoys a good cleaning.

Lana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a Fluval evo 13.5 and was wondering whether a Yasha goby, tailspot blenny and neon goby would all get along together, thanks.
This is my tank.. it has lots of live rock
3BD5B741-0F7A-4C2A-9ECE-9D23AF36359E.png
I currently have
Blenny's ang Gobies usually get along, but I had a bi-color blenny that couldn't stand a diamond watchman goby. Wouldn't let the goby eat and he eventually died. For the most part you should be ok, but always be careful and watch.
I think its fine. I have several together in my fluval but agree about watching to see how they react together. Maybe if ones to aggressive you can exchange or rehome it.

Lana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told as long as there is a hiding spot for each one they should be fine. All mine found their own home and also hang out together sometimes. I have 5 gobeies and blennies. All are smaller ones except the dragonette he's medium size. I also make sure they get plenty of live food.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back