Good Morning!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies....
Ran out of steroids, so back to no sleep.
Got a call from the big boss yesterday saying that I had every qualification for the job except he can't get over the concept of making me the boss of my current boss based on some outdated Army logic that he learned 30 years ago. (Even though my current boss endorses, encourages and supports the promotion.) So, essentially, he told me that he wasted my time, continue to be a good soldier and look at that glass ceiling for the rest of my career. Having lots of feelings about this right now ...
Going for the MRI at 8:00. I'm supposed to be fasting right now. I have no idea why. There are blueberries in the fridge .... yum .... blueberries.
Oh well, going to ignore the yummies and maybe go make some RODI water to keep filling the tank. Then I can kill an hour doing paperwork like a good soldier and spray some Windex on that glass ceiling.

Safe travels @ReefGrammie
@Wen don't run over any snowbirds, the feathers will scratch the car.
@Paul B I think you have it all figured out ... priorities ... living the life.
@Peace River Don't let the bedbugs bite ... sleep tight

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning All!
I don’t get much sleep either @WVNed
Does not matter what time I go to bed, I still wake up around 3:00an and can’t get back to sleep so I just tip toe around so the rest of the household won’t wake up.
I forget to check the mail yesterday so I walked up to check it last night. I’m covered in skeeter bites now. Usually I drive up to get it but figured the 1/4 mile round trip journey would be good exercise. The ticks are also really bad here this year.
Today is only going to be a “semi” busy day. Water change on the tank and I have to repair a section of skirt around the bottom of the barn.
Have a great day everybody!

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We took our Grand Daughter Strawberry picking. This time of the year these things are all over the place to pick.

Strawberry.jpg
She’s so beautiful. And the strawberries look delicious

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all!

headed to vbs to support my client then it’ll be back to the house. Should be a pretty relaxed day. Who knows, may get some swimming in as well.

looking forward to the 3 day weekend for extra sleep time and more time to get this house back to ship-shape.

have a good one everybody!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad morning. I just found Angela’s Betta, “Sweet Pea” expired on the bottom of his tank. He’s now in the freezer with my Six Lined Wrasse that carpet surfed months ago. Looks like a mass funeral will be happening this weekend when she gets home.
R.I.P. Little dude!
He only had one eye, that’s why she picked him. :(

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NETWORK ERROR MESSAGE
Giant pain in posterior.
Take video on phone. Upload video to Smugmug. Download video to computer. Upload video to Youtube
I was trying to shortcircuit that process.
I dont guess there is a way to play a video directly since Smugmug isnt an approved hosting service

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning
Got my ATO running again. The pump went bad. I got 9 years out of it so guess that is not too bad. Good thing I had a spare. Although it did take a hot minute to get it hooked up again. My ATO reserve is behind the tank in a closet and goes through the wall.
Have a great day

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoe has a fentanyl patch on after her tooth extraction yesterday. She is acting like a zombie. She hasnt barked once.
Very strange.
Willow will pick up the slack in barking.
whether I approve or not.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning Reefies....
Ran out of steroids, so back to no sleep.
Got a call from the big boss yesterday saying that I had every qualification for the job except he can't get over the concept of making me the boss of my current boss based on some outdated Army logic that he learned 30 years ago. (Even though my current boss endorses, encourages and supports the promotion.) So, essentially, he told me that he wasted my time, continue to be a good soldier and look at that glass ceiling for the rest of my career. Having lots of feelings about this right now ...
Going for the MRI at 8:00. I'm supposed to be fasting right now. I have no idea why. There are blueberries in the fridge .... yum .... blueberries.
Oh well, going to ignore the yummies and maybe go make some RODI water to keep filling the tank. Then I can kill an hour doing paperwork like a good soldier and spray some Windex on that glass ceiling.

Safe travels @ReefGrammie
@Wen don't run over any snowbirds, the feathers will scratch the car.
@Paul B I think you have it all figured out ... priorities ... living the life.
@Peace River Don't let the bedbugs bite ... sleep tight
My friend,
thank your boss, send flowers or coffee or candy or just a card; whichever is most appropriate. if you love the job you are in, enjoy it. If, on the other hand, because of the experience of applying for a larger opportunity, you feel called to do more, explore that. your boss has helped you. either merely by complementing you on your contribution to the company and his belief in your potential; or by opening your eyes to a possibility that you may not have seen before.
Sometimes a 'no' at one company is the beginning of a 'YES!' at the next one. Depending on the culture where you work, you may want to explore that a bit before you thank him for his help in your moving on.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend,
thank your boss, send flowers or coffee or candy or just a card; whichever is most appropriate. if you love the job you are in, enjoy it. If, on the other hand, because of the experience of applying for a larger opportunity, you feel called to do more, explore that. your boss has helped you. either merely by complementing you on your contribution to the company and his belief in your potential; or by opening your eyes to a possibility that you may not have seen before.
Sometimes a 'no' at one company is the beginning of a 'YES!' at the next one. Depending on the culture where you work, you may want to explore that a bit before you thank him for his help in your moving on.
You are not wrong. I am at that crossroads where I accept the ceiling, acknowledge that I am luckier than most and make peace ... or ... I chose to want more. Someone once told me that I would spend my whole life becoming an expert at this thing we do and then wake up one day to realize that no one wanted to hear it. His advice was to get to a point where I changed lanes and became a mentor to pass the torch to the next generation. That was where this job would have taken me and it's something I excel at. I wasn't even looking for a raise, just the opportunity. That is why I had the endorsements of the last two people that held the position and the person that currently signs my paychecks... they all knew my motivation. That does not matter now. The only way I can attain that goal is now to look elsewhere.

I already have another opportunity pending a phone call to set up the interview. Probably less money but room to grow. Maybe it's a good fit, maybe it's not. One lesson my kids can take from watching this experience is "know your own worth". As Chris Stapleton said, "I'm grateful to be working when so many good people are not." Keeping that in perspective ... we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thank you all for the support. MRI sucked this morning, came home and took a pain pill and slept for two hours. Now I'm heading out to be a good little soldier. Have a great afternoon all!!!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are not wrong. I am at that crossroads where I accept the ceiling, acknowledge that I am luckier than most and make peace ... or ... I chose to want more. Someone once told me that I would spend my whole life becoming an expert at this thing we do and then wake up one day to realize that no one wanted to hear it. His advice was to get to a point where I changed lanes and became a mentor to pass the torch to the next generation. That was where this job would have taken me and it's something I excel at. I wasn't even looking for a raise, just the opportunity. That is why I had the endorsements of the last two people that held the position and the person that currently signs my paychecks... they all knew my motivation. That does not matter now. The only way I can attain that goal is now to look elsewhere.

I already have another opportunity pending a phone call to set up the interview. Probably less money but room to grow. Maybe it's a good fit, maybe it's not. One lesson my kids can take from watching this experience is "know your own worth". As Chris Stapleton said, "I'm grateful to be working when so many good people are not." Keeping that in perspective ... we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thank you all for the support. MRI sucked this morning, came home and took a pain pill and slept for two hours. Now I'm heading out to be a good little soldier. Have a great afternoon all!!!
just remember.... if you accept another offer, when the current employer comes back and asks "what's it going to take to keep you." the answer is "you already had the opportunity and that ship has sailed. thank you for my time here and good luck with my replacement." :cool:

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning/evening again! This is the last night before I head back home tomorrow afternoon. The toddler had a great day, so hopefully he’s adjusting to his new baby sister, who will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll have some tank maintenance to do this weekend! Have a great Friday. ;Joyful

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning/evening again! This is the last night before I head back home tomorrow afternoon. The toddler had a great day, so hopefully he’s adjusting to his new baby sister, who will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll have some tank maintenance to do this weekend! Have a great Friday. ;Joyful
Sounds like your DIL has had your tank well in hand. Get a few extra baby cuddles in before you go!

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back