OP
OP
lelandmarine

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, fellow northern Michigander here as well. Just a random question do you use the esv salt system at all? I had a screw up with an order from marine depot and they sent me 4, 1 gallon jugs of the b-ionic magnesium and they told me I can keep it
Hello, nope I’ve been using instant Ocean reef crystals for a long time. May switch over at some point in the future. What kind of tank do you have, corals?

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, nope I’ve been using instant Ocean reef crystals for a long time. May switch over at some point in the future. What kind of tank do you have, corals?
Well right now I don’t have a tank at all just getting stuff ready to start my first tank hopefully sometime soon but I’m not sure what’s going to happen with my job situation right now

Skeeter4890

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well right now I don’t have a tank at all just getting stuff ready to start my first tank hopefully sometime soon but I’m not sure what’s going to happen with my job situation right now
I’m planning on hopefully moving within about a year so I don’t want to start my bigger 75gal tank knowing how big of a nightmare it would be to move that but I am considering getting like a 40cube aio and starting with that but we will see

OP
OP
lelandmarine

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m planning on hopefully moving within about a year so I don’t want to start my bigger 75gal tank knowing how big of a nightmare it would be to move that but I am considering getting like a 40cube aio and starting with that but we will see
Smart, moving is a hassle

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me first say a big thanks to BRS TV. Without Randy and Ryan I would still be keeping only fish. Having said that I’ve had saltwater tanks before either one of them were born. My father, brothers and I had an aquarium store in Silver Springs Maryland in the 70s thru the early 90s. It was called “Aquariums Terrariums and Things”. I specialized in salt water fish. We had over 500 gallons of saltwater tanks, which was pretty big at the time. During that time I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Walter Adey at the Smithsonian Institution on his early coral reef tank algae scrubber systems. He was really a genius but that’s a different story. In 1984 I left the store and stopped having saltwater aquarium‘s when I entered medical school. I then got married to a wonderful woman and raised four children in beautiful northern Michigan. About three years ago when we became empty-nesters I thought it was time to get back into saltwater. The idea of keeping Corals alive when I first got into saltwater was only done by a select few, now it’s done all over. I was really at a loss as to how to understand all the things that had changed in the hobby since I last had a tank. I had visited Tropicorium outside of Detroit so I knew things had really advanced. Then I discovered BRS TV on You Tube. They’re 52 weeks of Reefing plus hundreds of other videos has really brought me up to speed. It’s like having a college education for free. So now I have 75 gallon tank with sump and Chaeto fuge. I recently finished a negative space aquascape following the directions of BRS TV. I’m just beginning to add corals and look forward continuing to advance in a hobby that I have enjoyed for decades. Reef2Reef has also been invaluable in answering my many questions. Thanks to everyone for sharing and Hello!

E51EAA6D-7D93-478F-8A0D-378C5EECAA36.jpeg
Hello fellow reefer and welcome to the channel.

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me first say a big thanks to BRS TV. Without Randy and Ryan I would still be keeping only fish. Having said that I’ve had saltwater tanks before either one of them were born. My father, brothers and I had an aquarium store in Silver Springs Maryland in the 70s thru the early 90s. It was called “Aquariums Terrariums and Things”. I specialized in salt water fish. We had over 500 gallons of saltwater tanks, which was pretty big at the time. During that time I had the pleasure of working with Dr. Walter Adey at the Smithsonian Institution on his early coral reef tank algae scrubber systems. He was really a genius but that’s a different story. In 1984 I left the store and stopped having saltwater aquarium‘s when I entered medical school. I then got married to a wonderful woman and raised four children in beautiful northern Michigan. About three years ago when we became empty-nesters I thought it was time to get back into saltwater. The idea of keeping Corals alive when I first got into saltwater was only done by a select few, now it’s done all over. I was really at a loss as to how to understand all the things that had changed in the hobby since I last had a tank. I had visited Tropicorium outside of Detroit so I knew things had really advanced. Then I discovered BRS TV on You Tube. They’re 52 weeks of Reefing plus hundreds of other videos has really brought me up to speed. It’s like having a college education for free. So now I have 75 gallon tank with sump and Chaeto fuge. I recently finished a negative space aquascape following the directions of BRS TV. I’m just beginning to add corals and look forward continuing to advance in a hobby that I have enjoyed for decades. Reef2Reef has also been invaluable in answering my many questions. Thanks to everyone for sharing and Hello!

E51EAA6D-7D93-478F-8A0D-378C5EECAA36.jpeg
Welcome to the R2R community and happy reefing!!

Welcome To The Team GIF by memecandy

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.4%
Back