Greetings

CamD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone, just thought I say a quick hello. I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and I have been lurking around here for the past year or so absorbing as much information as I can. Thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this site I've taken the plunge into my first saltwater tank. Many years ago in my teens and through university I kept small freshwater tanks. Kids are getting older now and home renovations presented an opportunity to incorporate the in-wall tank I've always wanted into a finished basement. I had always wanted to do a saltwater tank but like a lot of people I thought that would be too hard so this tank was destined to house American Cichlids. I happened to stumble across this site about a year ago and the more I read the more I realized I could probably do this, so saltwater it is. It's been up and running for about two months now. Water and rocks are in, cycle complete, diatoms are slowly fading and the first two occupants, a couple of clowns, were making themselves at home until last week.
Against my own gut feeling I put them straight into the display. I don't know if one has Ich or Lympho but rather than risking it going forward I decided to pull them out into a QT a couple days ago to observe so at least the display gets a head start on running fallow in the event I decide to go that route.

Looking forward to sharing and learning as I begin this journey.

If I've learnt anything so far itt's that pictures are a must on this site. I think I'll be starting a build thread but for now here's a couple shots near the end of construction. It's a 150G (60x24x24) display with a 40G breeder sump.

Painting the woodwork above the tank.

IMG_20190801_215948.jpg

Backside of the tank.

IMG_20190903_071516.jpg

About two months ago, filled up, trying out some of the new equipment and ready to start cycling.

IMG_20191213_212331.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Thank you for the introduction and the pictures of your tank!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Beautiful setup !!!
1576291924568.png

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 36 30.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back