Guide to the Triton Method

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can this triton dosing by automated using Apex system aka Trident?

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use apex for trident I give 10 minutes between switching to triton 1-2 but I do dose 3ab at same time this way i onky use one outlet on apex

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use apex for trident I give 10 minutes between switching to triton 1-2 but I do dose 3ab at same time this way i onky use one outlet on apex

Sorry what do you mean by switching between them? I thought Trident only does the testing?? My question is can we program the Apex to dose using DOS filled up with Triton dosing liquids base on Trident testing?

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry what do you mean by switching between them? I thought Trident only does the testing?? My question is can we program the Apex to dose using DOS filled up with Triton dosing liquids base on Trident testing?
you have part 1, 2,3a,3b you cannot just sose them all together at the same time

jdmee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Boy, those two names (TRITON and TRIDENT) can make it confusing can't it.

According to the Trident FAQ here (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/trident-faq-official.595650/)

Can Trident control my dosing pump to keep everything stable?
Yes, when paired with one or many Neptune DOS, the Apex will use the Trident data to safely and intelligently adjust dosing based on recent test results.

Here is the Neptune page on controlled dosing https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/trident/tridentdos/

Some one more knowledgeable than me will have to give any additional tricks of the trade.

What is meant by "switching between them" Is that you do not want to dose both the ALK, and the CA at the same time. That is why they are putting a 10 minute difference between the dosing of Part 1 and Part 2 of the Triton solutions.

Last edited:

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-1.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-2.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-3.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-4.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-5.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-6.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-7.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-8.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-9.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-10.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-11.jpg

Guide to the TRITON Method 5-4-17-web-12.jpg

PDF below :D

TMGuide.png
Hi, I was looking at your system with some interest on my proposed 1800g build. But ive gone off the idea of cheato and refug as from my research at present it seems to be hit and miss, risk of over efficiency and too much nutrient removal (suppose it’s all in the sizing, dependent on stocking levels and feeding habits - but that seems really hard to determine and can shift) especially with lots of people using small refug and harvesting regularly. I am now considering DIY algae scrubber which I can upgrade/descale by adding larger or more screens in a relatively small space. It’s also relatively easy and cheap enough to make. Bit puzzled by your suggested sump capacity of 10-20% of DT? In my case that would be another very big tank 180-360 in my garage. I wasn’t planning on having anywhere near such a large sump. Interested to learn more about sizing and rationale and where the balance of equilibrium might lie. Thanks

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I also ask why no filter socks/pre filter but instead you use a protein skimmer? I was planning on doing it the other way round. Either will remove dissolved organics. Why remove any at all?

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I also ask why no filter socks/pre filter but instead you use a protein skimmer? I was planning on doing it the other way round. Either will remove dissolved organics. Why remove any at all?
for me this sump i bought did not have a filter sock setup (triton44) It does have large Refugium that is hit and miss from my experience if I had to do over I agree with you on purchasing algae scrubber and is in plan for future I run an iomega 180i skimmer and had issue with over filling and causing floods I just added a davey jones locker which works with apex and should kill skimmer before flooding I also just ordered matroller and will adjust flow to it to make sure I dont drain too many nutrients

Jagg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me this sump i bought did not have a filter sock setup (triton44) It does have large Refugium that is hit and miss from my experience if I had to do over I agree with you on purchasing algae scrubber and is in plan for future I run an iomega 180i skimmer and had issue with over filling and causing floods I just added a davey jones locker which works with apex and should kill skimmer before flooding I also just ordered matroller and will adjust flow to it to make sure I dont drain too many nutrients
An ATS is easy to make just need a length of pvc pipe. Cut a slot lengthways, insert a mesh, fix in situ. Stopper one end of the pipe, to the other end hook up a water supply diverted from DT return. suspend the pipe/mesh in a square blacked out box (no bottom) and place over the sump. Add a light source. If more capacity is required add more pipes and screens. Hey presto.

Wolskinyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I keep asking my self if the abyzz a100 is strong enough for my 625 red see. do I need change for abyzz 200 ? ( I use triton method)

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I keep asking my self if the abyzz a100 is strong enough for my 625 red see. do I need change for abyzz 200 ? ( I use triton method)
what makes this pump that cost nearly 2K so good!!! you know how many other pumps you can get that is 1/3 that?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what makes this pump that cost nearly 2K so good!!! you know how many other pumps you can get that is 1/3 that?
Supposedly they never fail, and pump the GPH as specified.
The problem with me is how are we to know.
Every manufacturer stretches the truth so much anymore that I dont believe any of the facts presentd by any of them.

Yes I could buy one if I wanted but I will never know because at 2K its out of my common sense budget.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a question please.

Which of the Triton dosing liquids has Sponges? I want to increase my sponge population safely.

Dx

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a question please.

Which of the Triton dosing liquids has Sponges? I want to increase my sponge population safely.

Dx

I don't think any of the Core 7 products contain sponges.

As to the issue of Sponge propagation and health well that way above my pay grade.

jrlmsla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding refugium on size. I have an 80 gallon display tank. Does Triton recommend 10-20% of total display volume (in my case 8-16 gallons) or total water volume in display accounting for sand and rock.
I have a Trigger Systems ruby sump. The first chamber is 11x13.5x9.5 which would work if it is water volume As that works out to be about 6 gallons.
will this sump work? Or should I do other methods or buy a new sump?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind sharing your programming for this?

When you set up your dos.
IF YOU ARE DOSING ALL PARTS EQUALLY MIND YOU.
Start part 1 at midnight.
Start part 2 at 12:15
Start part 3a and b at 12:30.

Parts 1,2,3A&B will always have a delay between them.

SledHead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the trident controlled dosing? I don’t see where you can control the start time in that setup.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back