Guts' 15 gallon column reef tank

Discussion in 'Nano Reefs' started by guts11, Mar 7, 2018.

1. guts11

guts11 Member Build Thread Contributor

After a spontaneous purchase with my girlfriend who asked, "Can we get Nemos?" I was thrown head first into the hobby. I had a few freshwater tanks growing up (I also could not keep anything alive for too long), but never saltwater. I have recently added some new live rock and a coral-cabable light. I got my first two frags from a local reefer (Green Nephthea and GSP)

Livetock is currently: 2 Oc. Paired Clowns, 1 Royal Gramma, 1 Cleaner Goby, 1 Turbo snails, 3 Astraea snails, 2 Ceriths snails, 1 Strawberry Conch, 2 Blue Legged Hermits and about 22 pounds of live rock.

Equipment: Hipargero 30W LED Light, Hydor Koralia 240, Aqueon 10 HOB running carbon, Aqueon 50W Heater. I have an EHEIM autofeeder for times I am on break as a college student.

Trials and Tribulations:
    • Did not top off tank with FW before water changes, slowly raising the salinity to 1.028. Lost a few snails as a result.
    • Flukes
    I have attached a few photos I have of the tank (Not sure how to do that photo list at the end of the post).

Tank-10-16-2018.JPG Tank-1-30-2018.JPG 2-7-18.png 2-10-18.jpg 2-19 Green Nephthea Closeup.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    Scubafrog likes this.

2. guts11

As for the Gramma's current situation, I am not too sure. I may give it a couple more days and see if/how the treatment performs as my LFS said it will take a few days before I see any improvements. I have seen the goby on the fish a few times so I am hoping it gets better. The first photo was taken 3/5 and the second was 3/7.

3-5 Gramma Condition.jpg 3-7 Gramma Condition.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  3. guts11

Updated diagnosis after I brought the fish into my LFS was that it was flukes. Did a FW dip which stressed the little guy out a ton, but he is still eating so I am hoping he pulls through.

Draft saved Draft deleted