Hanging a larger fixture over this tank

CoralsAddiction

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2015
Messages
580
Reaction score
538
Location
Los Angeles/Tahoe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to replace my 36” T5 hybrid fixture with a 48” fixture. I attached conduit on the stand to accommodate the 36” fixture. Can a 48” light be mounted on conduit the way it’s setup now? Will I just need longer wires to suspend a longer fixture?
BD2ACB87-E738-4616-87DB-91CB0C5DAF4A.jpeg
 
No, the attach points on the 48" fixture will be further out. You will put unneeded stress on that conduit. Alot of it. I would move the conduits out further to each side to accomadate the 48" fixture
 
Seems simple enough. Just move the conduit farther out.
 
Get another 48” piece of straight conduit and attach it lengthwise to the current two pieces of conduit, where the current fixture is attached. Then hang the new fixture from that 48” piece
 
What you have is fine. I would hang the new fixture and go.

Must fixtures I’ve dealt with have a track where the wire mounting brackets/hangers can slide allowing wider or narrower hanging solutions. This should accommodate your “issue”.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new