Hannah Nitrate Checker

SAM89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking into purchasing a Hannah Nitrate Checker for my saltwater tank. They come in Low Nitrate Checker and High Nitrate Checker. Which one to buy, or do you have to buy both?

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both - and find both not very good. The low range is a very involved testing process that takes around 10 - 15 minutes with many steps. The high range i found not very reliable. Seafert has one that takes about 3.00 and is good enough to let you know where you are.. for me, it was very low to undetectable until i slowly raised mine by dosing.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low range only reads up to 5ppm, most tanks will have higher nitrate, and it takes about 25mins to do the test, they say it’s slightly more accurate but most people don’t need nitrate to be that accurate.

I find the high range to be very good.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both - and find both not very good. The low range is a very involved testing process that takes around 10 - 15 minutes with many steps. The high range i found not very reliable. Seafert has one that takes about 3.00 and is good enough to let you know where you are.. for me, it was very low to undetectable until i slowly raised mine by dosing.
That's true. I switched back to Salifert from Hanna because they read pretty much the same and the test is easier and faster

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%

Back