Hardy_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introduction:

I have a modest following on Instagram: @Hardy_Reef detailing the progress of my Red Sea Reefer 350 and figured I should document a build thread on Reef2Reef.

I'll start by showing where I currently am in the hobby and where I have come from. I dove into this hobby in 2018 with an AIO Red Sea E260 with only modest experience with freshwater, both Amazon and African Cichlid tanks. After a move, a small breach in the seam of the E260 began to develop, so a Red Sea Reefer 350 was purchased from Living Reef Orlando to attack the impending break head on. (I will provide photos of the original E260 as a starting point.)

I started with Red Sea's Reef Care Recipe, then slowly transitioned to Brightwell Aquatics NeoMarine salt and Reef Code additives before making the final switch to the Aquaforest line of products readily available from my local fish store.

Equipment:

Lighting:
2 Aqua Illumination Hydra 26s (From original E260 with the control panel), 1 48" Reef Brite Actinic XHO LED strip light, and 1 36" Illumagic Vitamini Super Actinic LED strip

Water Flow: 3 Aqua Illumination Nero 5s, 1 Aqua Illumination Nero 3, 1 Ice Cap Gyre 1K, Hydor Seltz D 1600 Return pump

Controller/Dosing: GHL Profilux 4, GHL KH Director, 2 GHL Doser 2.1s

Life Support: Oceanic 1/8hp Chiller, 300W Fluval heater, and Red Sea Skimmer 300

Other: BRS Mini Reactor for carbon and BRS CO2 scrubber

Livestock:

Yellow Tang, Royal Gramma, Midas Blenny, Longnose Hawkfish, Solar Fairy Wrasse, Ocellaris Clownfish, Black Ocellaris Clownfish, Lyretail Anthias, 3 Pajama Cardinalfish, 5 Blue-Green Chromis

PXL_20210328_003915238.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20210221_200248089.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the illumagic light compared to the reefbrite strip? Havent seen many run that strip led on here

OP
OP
Hardy_Reef

Hardy_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the illumagic light compared to the reefbrite strip? Havent seen many run that strip led on here
Sorry for the delayed response. I really like the Illumagic strip, the color is a little more violet in comparison to the Reef Brite, but the color pop is amazing. My only gripes are the inability to dim the fixture/ controller support and the tech support was initially difficult to get a response from (I had an issue with my power brick which was replaced for the cost of shipping). I think that's based on how they work through distributors in the US and less of a reflection on the company's willingness to help customers.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back