Hello from Italy

Giek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Giacomo from Italy.
I've been in the hobby for a little more than 1 year, and already happend to me several times to be checking on some threads on r2r. So finally today I decided to be part of the community myself!
If I can find some shots of my actual tank (25g more or less) i'll post them following this post.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

OP
OP
Giek

Giek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2024-02-21-00-39-51-177_com.whatsapp-edit.jpg

This is a shot of my 25g tank, last week.
Some corals are not in great shape because I ran into quite bad chemical issues lately, I suspect metals, and skin started peeling off/receding. I solved with a couple of large volume water changes + activated carbon, and changed my RO carbon block and resins. Tbh I still didn't manage to identify the root of the issue, I'm searching for rusting equipment or something like that but I've had no luck addressing the cause yet. All my basics parameters were in check and stable. Anyway, all the corals are showing signs of great improvement, even tho quite scarred.
I've also developed quite a problem with bryopsis (I think that's what it is), due to my laziness to be proactive and face the issue. Finally 2 days ago I started Flux RX after reading some good feedback of the product related to my issue. I'll maybe post afterwards my experience with it in a related thread...
It's a fair new setup (my second ever, after a tank upgrade), and all corals are more or less frags, I hope in a decent growth and eventual takeoff during 2024.
Cheers, Giek

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Giacomo from Italy.
I've been in the hobby for a little more than 1 year, and already happend to me several times to be checking on some threads on r2r. So finally today I decided to be part of the community myself!
If I can find some shots of my actual tank (25g more or less) i'll post them following this post.
Welcome to R2R
Happy Italian GIF

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back