Hello from Redneck Country

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Redneck* Country

I am located in Morgantown, WV and have been keeping fish for about 6 years. 3 years ago i took the plunge in to saltwater and haven't turned back. I grew up on the ocean so I was always near marine life. Growing up I wanted to be a marine biologists. I recently graduated from WVU with a degree in wildlife and fisheries management. I plan on applying to SCRIPPS Institute of Oceanography to get a masters in marine biology. I am currently working at a LFS until I feel like getting a real job.

I have a total of 4 tanks. 13 gallon frag tank, 29G FW that the GF wanted, 5G Fluval Chi, and a 75G reef. Hidden in the mix of tanks are 5 ferrets and 1 flemish giant rabbit.

Hello from redneck* country

*Disclaimer*: I am not a redneck, just located within an area populated mainly by rednecks. I do not have anything against rednecks.

Last edited:

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, sounds like quite a collection. SCRIPPS is pretty awesome, they doing some very interesting oceangraphic research.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef. I'm a VT grad, so kinda in your neck of the woods. Though not anymore. Found me sum bigger mtns!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2reef xmetal!! Sounds like you got a zoo lol. That's awesome. Also good luck with the degree, I was contemplating going that route when I was in school.

BobMc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, welcome to R2R. If you don't mind my asking, which LFS? I live in Buckhannon WV and we get up to Morgantown occasionally for fish stuff.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a zoo at home. I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the bunny so I apologize. I will do it by the weekend I swear.

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey welcome to the club. hey here is some useless information for you since you live in WV. Did you know the toothbrush was invented there? true story, it is said anywhere else they would of called it a teethbrush.

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey welcome to the club. hey here is some useless information for you since you live in WV. Did you know the toothbrush was invented there? true story, it is said anywhere else they would of called it a teethbrush.

lol, that is a good one. I need to tell that to my redneck friends after I get in my car :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back