Hello from Roanoke Virginia

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, new to r2r amd reef tanks. Been a fresh tank fan for a couple years and Feb of this year started my first reef. Working on a 10gal that I started up earlier this month. Current display is a 60 breeder that I've drilled, eclipse 1000gph overflow with 20 gal sump using the fiji cube baffle kit. Off brand return pump, filter socks, reef octo classic 110int skimmer, nero 3, sicce voyage, ai blade coral grow light, 3/4" returns with the 3d printed random flows. Mostly lps and softies but slowly getting into sps. Pair of clowns, cleaner wrasse, sapphire damsel (I think), and tomini tang. Run carbon and about to start gfo. No controller, just inkbird heater controller and ato made from float switches and a relay. Open to any and all info and insight as I'm still new. Greatly appreciate anyone who writes and will try to keep up to date with everyone!
20231010_163046.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Currently dealing with bubble algea and red planeria worms. Can def see the red bits on the glass and substrate in the pic, but everything is looking happy!
Had to look those up, no bueno.

OP
OP
BairCorals

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r . Try and suck as many flatworms out before starting the treatment.
Yeah I was going to go through siphoning into a filter socks in a bucket and keep putting the water back until most are gone before treating then doing a 50% water change afterwords with lots of carbon

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was going to go through siphoning into a filter socks in a bucket and keep putting the water back until most are gone before treating then doing a 50% water change afterwords with lots of carbon
Good thinking. I think some flat worms give off a poison when they die so just be aware of that .

OP
OP
BairCorals

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thinking. I think some flat worms give off a poison when they die so just be aware of that .
Yeah I did a good bit of reading before coming to this plan, really don't wanna lose anything during this process but the worms are getting out of control. They don't hurt anything unless they start covering corals but I'd like to have my tank back.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back