Hello

Antaguana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am Philip, a Mechatronic Engineer (Industrial Automation) and Managing Director of Resolve Automation in Western Australia and I play Tuba in the WA Fire and Emergency Services Concert Band.

I have very little experience with fishkeeping in general, We have an 80L planted tropical tank with some simple fish. The usual bristle nose, 4 Columbian, tetras 5 neons, a pair of guppies, and a solo 8 year old Scissortail Rasbora (the last remaining of a school of 7).
We also have a ~12kL outdoor koi, goldfish, and lily pond.

Other pets are a Frill Neck Lizard and a Russian blue cat named Yekaterina (Kat for short) she is pretty great.

We have just moved into a larger house and decided to start a Reef tank. We have picked up an AquaOne 326 ReefSys and started setting it up. I will post a tank build over in the relevant section.

I have been reading through a bunch of threads and really like the tone here, it really seems like people are interested in sharing experience and helping each other learn. Great to see and I look forward to joining in.

PXL_20231231_161909300.jpg

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Greetings and welcome to the reef! Congrats on taking the plunge. Be sure to a) get your build thread started so we can share in yoir reefing journey; and b) ask lots of questions- we're here to help you along the way.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
A

Antaguana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings and welcome to the reef! Congrats on taking the plunge. Be sure to a) get your build thread started so we can share in yoir reefing journey; and b) ask lots of questions- we're here to help you along the way.
Thanks Fish Styx.
a) build thread is up and linked to my profile.
b) oh I will! I love to understand how and why things are done the way they are (I have always been like this so it is the cause of me being an engineer not an effect) and the best way to understand anything is to ask questions and preferably get answeres from people who have experience. I get the feeling there are a lot of you here, I prepare to put my brain into sponge mode and soak up your tasty information.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back