Hello!

Kyleovski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm Kyle, based in Glasgow Scotland, had a reef tank for about 3 years in total with a short break when it went FOWLR but back at it now and currently fighting Aiptasia with berghia nudis and dinos after my nutrients bottomed out but alas we love it.

Quick tank stats

60G cube
Radion XR15
AI Prime 16HD
Fuge
No skimmer/filter socks
Neptune Apex

Pic of my tank before the aiptasia and dinos took over with mandarin feeding station in back right :D

Reef Tank.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Kyleovski

Kyleovski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome! You're always fighting something with a reef tank. I'm curious what mandarin feeding station you have?

Indeed you are, just surprised how quickly the aiptasia took over haha, waiting for those 4 berghia to get moving, they have been in for about a week now.

Will post a pic of the feeding station later but essentially its the top part of a bottle cut off with a small opening cut in to allow the mandarin to enter, then a turkey baster tube pushed through the bottle opening with airline tube inserted into the tip of the baster where I then use a pipet to add frozen brineshrimp and copepods (sometimes live brineshrimp and pods) and finally use water drawn from the tank in the syringe to push the food down the tube into the feeeding area thats inserted into the sandbed. This means that the mandarin can just come in and pick up food without it being blasted away by the powerheads etc. I dont leave it in permanently.

Edit: adding mandarin feeding station

Mandarin feeding station.jpg

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 41.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.1%
Back