Hello!

Lydia Mohr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m Lydia, a college student and experienced freshwater keeper who is wanting to gather research before adventuring into marine fishkeeping! I’ve been doing lots of reading on Ocellaris clownfish, aquacultured live rock, and FOWLR tanks. I’m holding off for a while on actually getting a tank because my dorm doesn’t allow anything over 10 gallons (I’m aiming for 20) so for now I’m doing as much research as I can!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! And you might as well start a budget 5 or 10 gallon and then upgrade when you have your own place! I kept a reef tank in my dorm room freshman year (lived off campus for the rest), and while I had already been keeping reefs for a couple years at that point, I learned a lot from keeping that tank (this was the 99/00 school year, so equipment and collective knowledge wasn’t anything close to what we have now). I’ve always thought doing as much research as possible is great, but you will learn so much more with hands on experience (and doing research while applying it to your tank). Tanks aren’t permanent, you can always move, change, or upgrade them! Anyway, welcome!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d7a459j-3968d5c1-9aec-46e4-953f-63d1fd3790ef.gif

Welcome Lydia! The fact that you're doing your research prior to taking the plunge is awesome. I've been a fresh water guy for many years. Still have 2 planted tanks. The contrast between FW and SW is fascinating, and I think you'll love the journey when the time comes to take that plunge.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I’m Lydia, a college student and experienced freshwater keeper who is wanting to gather research before adventuring into marine fishkeeping! I’ve been doing lots of reading on Ocellaris clownfish, aquacultured live rock, and FOWLR tanks. I’m holding off for a while on actually getting a tank because my dorm doesn’t allow anything over 10 gallons (I’m aiming for 20) so for now I’m doing as much research as I can!
Welcome to R2R

happyhourzhao

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R ! There are A LOT of amazing nano tanks under 10 gallon(and 20 ;). I Innovative Marine & Waterbox are two that comes to my mine when it comes to nano/small tanks. They offer plenty of "AIO" or "All in one" tank where everything you want to use can be setup within the tank itself and its hidden!

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd be surprised at what you can do with 10 gallons. I'm an old guy so I'm amazed at the tech available to make these tiny tanks work. There are many corals and fish that you can get started with. Best wishes. I'm sure your tank will be fun!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back