Help all corals are dying

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So a couple days ago all of my zoas closed up my leather lps are slumped over my Duncan’s won’t open not will my hammer and frogspawn open, the only coral that seems to have any polyps open is my green tyree monti cap, I have checked ALL parameters and they seem fine, I don’t know what to do, calcium 470, alk 169 ppm, mag 1325, salinity 1.025, phosphates 0.10, nitrates 5, I’m using 2 wills 165 watt black boxes set on 30 %

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp?

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any fish or invertebrates? If so, how are they doing?

If you have an autodoser, is there anything it is dosing that would not show up on your tests and could cause problems if it overdosed something?

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have any fish or invertebrates? If so, how are they doing?

If you have an autodoser, is there anything it is dosing that would not show up on your tests and could cause problems if it overdosed something?
I have fish no invertebrates, all fish seem to be thriving they seem happy to me, no auto doser, I’m only dosing Red Sea no pox and brightwell aminos by following directions on the bottles

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
large water change, check sump for any type of item accidentally put in there, run carbon and do more water changes
I did check my sump I didn’t find anything, I added carbon and did a water change, hopefully I’ll see some good results

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You do have quite the mix of corals in there. Because of that, I would strongly suggest that you use carbon 24/7/365 to help remove the turpines that the soft corals release in the never ending war against the stonys. Effective skimming will help tremendously as well.

OP
OP
E

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You do have quite the mix of corals in there. Because of that, I would strongly suggest that you use carbon 24/7/365 to help remove the turpines that the soft corals release in the never ending war against the stonys. Effective skimming will help tremendously as well.
I put some carbon in but it’s not good carbon it’s the pellets will that still work?

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much any is better than none. My go-to is the 5g buckets from BRS. It'll last pretty much forever and you 'll always have it to use. I'd change it out about monthly, perhaps more often at first.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back