HELP! Cora life Seascape light

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With its ramp up and ramp down feature, and 24 hour timer does this thing stay on 24 hours after it ramps down for the night? Or does it go to the lowest setting (PAR) in the blue light setting? Is this safe for the fish and corals? Is it to much light? I just want to know if the thing goes off completely so the fish can sleep or if I should turn it off. This thing is kinda confusing.

Mcpsu318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turns off completely if you set the timer correctly. You have to set the different colors separately. However, the par levels of this light are sub par if you are going to have corals that like PAR over 150. For what you'll pay for this light, would look at another light with better PAR and setting options.

OP
OP
zachSalty

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turns off completely if you set the timer correctly. You have to set the different colors separately. However, the par levels of this light are sub par if you are going to have corals that like PAR over 150. For what you'll pay for this light, would look at another light with better PAR and setting options.
Is one enough for a 13.5

Mcpsu318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, you can get a light for any size tank.. I bought this light myself when I was in a Jam. But I have a mixed reef 75gal tank so I bought the light to fit but It was not sufficient. it did save my reef for a few weeks until I was able to decide on something better. I'm relatively new to this hobby. From what I've learned, depending on what your goals are, your lighting will make or break you. This light will not support sps corals in the long term I can tell you that with absolute certainly. It's all about the PAR they put out. Assess your goals if you want corals, particularly sps get something better now instead of paying twice for a light.

OP
OP
zachSalty

zachSalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, you can get a light for any size tank.. I bought this light myself when I was in a Jam. But I have a mixed reef 75gal tank so I bought the light to fit but It was not sufficient. it did save my reef for a few weeks until I was able to decide on something better. I'm relatively new to this hobby. From what I've learned, depending on what your goals are, your lighting will make or break you. This light will not support sps corals in the long term I can tell you that with absolute certainly. It's all about the PAR they put out. Assess your goals if you want corals, particularly sps get something better now instead of paying twice for a light.
I ended up returning it and currently looking at better options

Back